I made these for dinner last night and they were a hit! A definate new family recipe that we'll use for years to come!!!
Shredded Beef Red Enchiladas
Serves 4-6
Shredded Beef:
1 1/2 lbs beef roast
1 (4 oz) can of green chiles with the juice
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 garlic clove minced ( I used refrigerated minced garlic- 1 spoonfull)
2 C. beef broth (or use beef bouillon to make it equivalent)
Other ingredients to fill enchilada:
1 (28 oz.) can red (or green) enchilada sauce
shredded cheese (I used a mexican cheddar and mozzarella cheese)
pinto or black beans, rinsed
rice (any kind), about 1-2 C. cooked
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add olive oil to a heated pan and cook onions until soft.
2. Wet a dishcloth or several paper towels and ring out. Place the tortillas inside and cook them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until soft and pliable.
3. Pour some enchilada sauce over the bottom of a large baking dish. Take a tortilla and spoon shredded beef along the center, next onions then beans and rice. Roll and place in pan. Repeat until finished. Add the rest of the enchilada sauce. Top with cheese. Bake until cheese melts
I made this soup a couple of nights ago and Chris and I could not get enough! It tasted EVEN BETTER than the real thing (with LESS FAT!!!!) We made up for it though by dipping bread into it! I'm going to make this A LOT next winter!!!!
Zuppa Toscana - Olive Garden Copycat
4-6 servings
1 lb Italian sausage patty
2 large russet baking potatoes, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1-2 spoonfulls refrigerated, minced garlic)
1/2 pkg frozen chopped spinach
3 cups chicken stock
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1 cup light cream
Any leftover mashed potatoes!
1. COOK sausage in a skillet. Drain sausage on paper towels and crumble .
Any leftover mashed potatoes!
1. COOK sausage in a skillet. Drain sausage on paper towels and crumble .
2. PLACE onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, and garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done. Add sausage. Salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 10 minutes. When potatoes are tender, mash some of the slices with a fork to thicken soup slightly( or just add some leftover masjed potatoes!).
3. TURN to low heat. Add spinach and cream. Heat through.
Serve with crusty warm garlic french bread or baguette (I just spread on some butter, sprinkle with garlic powder and italian seasoning and put under the broiler for about 4 mins.)
2 comments:
I'm sooooo making that soup this weekend! I'm crossing my fingers it will turn out!!!
P-S THANKS FOR POSTING THE RECIPE...ENCORE! ENCORE!
Post a Comment