Current Craving: I'm "redifining" food in my life and learning as much as possible about health and nutrition for myself and my family so I've been doing great. I actually haven't had ANY cravings this week and suprisingly the "green smoothies" I've been having for breakfast or lunch (once a day) have been sustaining me! I tried a new watermelon recipe: 5 C. watermelon, 1 C. frozen strawberries, 2 C. baby spinach, 2 T. flax seed, and blend! YUM! Brady loved it too!
Current Gripe: Uncomfortable! I have to watch what I eat. Chris and I ate our first seafood of the season and may I say it will be my last that I eat fried and purchased at a restaurant. I can buy it cheaper and make it better and healthier myself! I had indigiestion and cottonmouth (and so did Chris) the whole night! What a great opportunity to talk with Chris about how food really does affect our bodies though! Maybe I'll reel him around to the importance of nutrition at some point! (Oh, and he DID try the green smoothie and liked it- just requested that I add ingredients to his that make it another color!)
Current Joy: Oh, I'm just feeling happy and excited about having our little Olivia! I can't believe that she will be here so soon! Another little sweet smelling bundle to cuddle with =)
Current Weight Gain: I am very proud to say that I am still at 22lbs. weight gain!
How your baby's growing:This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
2 comments:
I'm so excited for you, wow little Olivia will be here soon!Oh a neww baby is so fun:)
I think Hilary is coming home this summer for a while, maybe she will be around to see the baby??
So fun to read! You're going to be so happy you recorded all this once a month!! (So will Livy) How are you going to spell Livy?!? Livvy? Livi? Liveee =) This is important for her favorite Auntie to know!!
Post a Comment