Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My Dad's Moustache Story
My dad has had a mustache for over 27 years. Hence, I've never seen him WITHOUT his mustache and I have practically begged him (along with my siblings) several times over the years to shave it off just so we could see what he looked like without it! But, to no avail- he's very attached!!!
.
My parents went to the temple last weekend to be interviewed to become temple ordinance workers and my dad was asked duing the interview how attached he was to his mustache. My dad replied that he's had it for over 27 years and that his children haven't even ever seen him without it. The temple worker then said, "Brother Morgan, if you're going to be an ordinance worker you'll have to shave your moustache; we comply to the same standards of dress and grooming as missionaries."
.
So, my dad went home and shaved it off! After years of begging from his wife and children it took a servant of the Lord to tell my dad it had to go! Don't you think he looks cute? I personally think it makes him look younger!
.

1 comment:

Baker Family said...

wow! I guess I never really thought about it, but once you said it I realized ya, he's ALWAYS had a mustache everytime I've seen him.. you are right, it does make him look younger! Well, good for them I didnt know they had been called as ordinance workers. awesome for them! How are you guys doing? your halloween idea was so cute!