Walk with the kids at the Snake River Canyon
We are really enjoying our new apartment here in Twin Falls.
We can see this bridge, the Perinne Bridge from our apartment
balcony and we are just across the road from the Canyon Rim
Trail where I go walking with the kids almost every morning!
It's very different from the east coast and aside from everything
being flat in all directions for miles and miles I love the canyon,
the grasses, the dry rock beds, and even the sage brush
(I can't believe I'm saying that!)
It will be nice when everything starts to get green and liven up-
right now the pictures really don't show how breath-taking the
canyon is because the colors don't show up on camera.
BRADY: "Why don't we live in Maine by the ocean anymore?"
ME: "Because now we live in Idaho and we are in the desert!"
BRADY: "Well, I don't like the desert!"
...about 5 minutes later....
BRADY: (running along the trail)
"I'm having so much fun in the desert!"
From the trail we can also see the Perinne Coulee waterfall where
Chris proposed to me on October 20, 2002 (his mom's b-day!)
Right now there isn't very much water running over the cliff but
in the spring and summer there is much more. When it's running
full you can walk in behind the falls and get all drenched!
All along the canyon trail there are these lookout points that
provide great views and camera opportunities!
Brady LOVES running out onto these
(he's apparently NOT afraid of heights!!!)
Brady can always make Olivia laugh!
"MOST HUGEST"
TUMBLEWEED IN THE WORLD!!!
(Yeah, we're DEFINATELY not in Maine anymore
when we see a bunch of these rolling around!)
3 comments:
beautiful pictures!!
i'm glad brady is liking the desert too...it has a fun ruggedness about it :-)
and wow, when is the last time i saw a tumbleweed that size? when is the last time i saw a tumbleweed at all? hmm
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! I still forget that you guys are over there!!! I'm still thinking you're in Maine! The pictures are beautiful and the one with Brady and Livy laughing melts my heart!!! SO So cute!! XOXOXO Glad you're enjoying your time in the "desert!"
Those are some really neat pictures.
Post a Comment