Sunday, June 7, 2009

Brady - 4 1/2

My Brady Boy has grown up quite a bit since we've moved back to Idaho:
  • has his own friends who he LOVES to play with
  • goes to preschool
  • has his own bedroom (he shared wil Livy) and a bunk bed
  • knows how to dress himself completely, including buttons and zippers
  • washes himself in the tub
  • clears his food and dishes from off of the table and puts them in the sink
  • takes his dirty laundry to the laundry room
  • helps mommy by playing with his little sister and being a great big brother!
He also has quite the imagination and is always creating "inventions" and making odd use of his toys- I walked into the livingroom and found poor Mike (from Monster's Inc.) handcuffed to the entertainment center! I guess he was in time out!!!

Give Brady anything unusual to play with and he's a happy camper!



Buttons and miscellaneous JUNK can keep him busy for hours!! In fact, he has a TREASURE COLLECTION of odds and ends that he finds ANYWHERE and EVERYHWHERE!!! Some of these little treasures include erasers, flowers (that are now dead), beads, buttons, scraps of paper, the little x's that are used in tiling projects (he's found them all over the place in the apartment complex) etc.

He keeps all of these treasures in a "special drawer" in his room which I periodically sort through and dispose of without his knowledge!!!

We went shopping yesterday and any little piece of trash (I'm not kidding!) he wanted to stuff in his pocket and take home!!!


Brady LOVES to watch cooking shows with me and we usually watch 1 or 2 a day whenever I'm rocking Olivia to sleep for her nap. We watch Robin Miller's "Quick Fix Meals" and his favorite is Guy Fieri of "Guy's Big Bite." Whenever I'm cooking dinner Brady is always asking me if I'm using the "Olivey Oil because that's Guy's favorite!"
He likes to help me cook whenever he can- and as you can see he often gets very anxious to lick the spoon!


Brady is a thirsty boy too- he is ALWAYS drinking TONS of water!!! (Good job!!!) I think he must be a camel or something! One day we were driving and he was really thristy but had already drank all of his water in his water bottle. Well, I had this gallon of water in the back seat so I let him have at it!!! (CHUG, CHUG, CHUG!!!)

He's a GREAT BOY with LOADS of energy!!!

2 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Love the update on Brady Boy! He really is the most creative boy and him chuggin' that water cracks me up! That's great he's such a water lover!! Love you all so much!! Can't wait to see more posts!! :)

Patty said...

He is so cute. I'm glad to hear that he drinks so much water, good for him.