Saturday, June 20, 2009

To some GREAT Dads!!!

Happy Father's Day!!!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Chris and I are both so lucky to have wonderful Father's who have truly blessed our lives in many ways!!!

I missed my dad a lot yesterday as we are far apart so I posted this picture of him and Brady from 1 year ago!!!
We went in with Uncle Andrew on a new step-ladder for Grandpa Morgan and Brady helped me make these cards and colored a picture to send to Grandpa in the mail





TO OUR DADDY:
"You're the best in the world!"
(That's what Brady always tells Chris!)


I am also so blessed to have a wonderful husband who is also a good father to his two beautiful children! He is loving and funny and always makes the kids laugh! They love you so much Daddy!



We kicked off our Father's Day weekend with a special Salmon dinner that I made for Chris on Saturday night:



Then on Sunday morning I suprised Chris with breakfast:


(a hot breakfast wouldn't be complete in our house without some
Frank's hot sauce and ketchup!!!)

* * *



After breakfast and cleaning up I gave Chris and Brady haircuts and then we did some quiet activities before getting ready for church. Brady and I made cards while Daddy and Livy rested and Chris went over his lesson (he teaches Elder's Quorum and we both teach Sunbeams!!!)

After church we headed on down to Burley to have dinner and an evening with Chris' family. Chris' Dad, Dan had a wonderful and sentimental time opening his cards and gifts from his kids! It's always touching to see a Dad when he's emotional! It's been really nice being close to Chris' family again even though it's been hard for me to now be apart from my family.

* * *

Dad Graf opening his gifts:


He recieved a special package in the mail from little niece Lexi in Philadelphia (Chris' sister Nickie's daughter) Grandpa got lots of handprint art between the three grandkids!!!







From Mom Graf and Shawnae and Chels he got a grill basket, some cologne and these "sauve" swim shorts!!! He'll be the coolest Grandpa around!




Then Brady gave Grandpa a great big kiss and a picture he colored and his card that he helped make:


I did a combined "Father/Son" gift for Dad and Dan:
the Ultimate Movie-goers Kit including tickets to go see the new Terminator movie (although I accidentally wrote Transformers! LOL!)
So this Tuesday night they are all going to come up to our place and us girl's are going to have a "Girl's Night In" while the guys have a "Guy's Night Out!"
* * *
I also gave Chris some new shirts and a belt for work as he was DESPERATELY in need of these!!! All of his white shirts had small rips in either the elbows or armpits!!! He was down to only three white shirts and they also all had some pen stains in the pockets (no more twisty pens!) He wears his shirts out fast since he wears them everyday and often helps out his car preps with prepping the cars before rental.
4 new white shirts, a reversable belt and 2 new blue shirts
(a new color he can wear at work!!! YAY!!!)

We love our Dads everywhere!!! (and our Grandpas and Papas too!!!)
Thanks for being such wonderful men that we can look up to and love!!!


2 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Hannah! What a great idea to do the movie tickets for dad and Chris, and the artwork with the kiddos is so adorable!!! You're such a creative mommy, and I can't believe how grown up Livy looks---I love the headband on her! You guys look so good and I'm so glad you all had a great time together celebrating Daddy Day!! Thanks for taking pictures of my dad opening our present too-that was fun to see!
LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Have fun Tuesday!!!

Haylee Mollerup said...

You are so creative Hannah! I love the movie kit idea! That salmon dinner looks delish!!!