Friday, July 24, 2009

Another Gorgeous Walk Along the Canyon...

The other day as the kids and I headed out for our morning walk I felt inspired to bring my camera along! I'm glad I did because none of the other girls showed up that morning so the kids and I had plenty of time to do whatever we wanted along the trail!

We don't usually make stops at the overlooks when we're walking because we try to keep a fast pace, so that morning we stopped and enjoyed the views. We're always amazed by the view and how incredible the canyon really is. I feel so lucky to live right next to such an amazing natural wonder!


This is the road that you take to go down into this side of the canyon. Right at that hairpin turn you can pull over and take the path to go down behind the waterfall. I'm hoping that we can do that and another little "hike" in the canyon soon.


Along the other side of our walk on the canyon there's a concrete barrier between the path and the canyon!!! Not for the faint of heart! It feels like you're right on the edge, but of course you're not!! The kids love to sit and look out at the canyon. Brady especially likes to see if there are any people down there golfing!


Moments for photography....


Brady modeled for me in his pajamas and all!!! He loved these sunflowers and picked this one just for me! I wore it in my hair on the way home!!!

There's a little creek (really canal runoff) that contributes to the waterfall. It's pretty alongside the path and sometimes we even see ducks swimming around!


1 comment:

Haylee Mollerup said...

It is such a gorgeous walk and area! I'm going to miss it when we move.... :(