Here's one of the dinners I made: BBQ ribs (awesome $2.99/lb sale!!!) with roasted cheesy potatoes!!!
We've been wanting to take the kids to the drive-in for quite a while so we were so excited when we found out that Ice Age 3 and Night at the Museum (the sequel) were playing! I made some marshmallow popcorn (but forgot the napkins! Oops!) and we had some sodas that we scored for FREE from a WINCO promotion!
Off to the drive-in we went- got there early enough to get a good parking spot and for the kids to get nice and "antsy!" Daddy played with Livy in the car and I took Brady outside to go on a "treasure hunt" and see how many coins we could find! We actually found 5 quarters, a few dimes and a handful of pennies! He was so excited!!!
Back in the car we had a rascal on our hands! Miss Olivia went wild and crazy...so daddy entertained her by teacher her how to drive! (Always check your mirrors!)
Then we wrestled around for a little bit and TRIED to get a cute picture. I had to post them all-
Finally the first movie started at about 9:20- The rest of the night went like this:
- Put sleepy baby in carseat after she finishes bottle and sing her to sleep (pray that she stays asleep!)
- Get hyper boy to settle down and sit still with us in the front seat
- Try to keep sticky little fingers off of everything as we eat marshmallow popcorn
- Try to stay awake during second movie but can't keep my eyes open. Baby is still sleeping, little boy is getting sleepy but amazingly still awake and daddy is in his own little movie world as happy as can be!
- 1:30- baby starts to fuss, second movie is ending, I am half-dead and little boy has finally succumbed to sleep about 5 minutes before movie ends- wakes up and is sad that he missed the end!
- Get home at about 2 a.m. . . . totally tired and knowing that I'm not going to get to sleep-in in the morning! (ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....)
We had a great time but I think it may be a while before we try to bring to kids to the drive-in again!!!
4 comments:
oh you are a brave one with that whole drive in movie thing! Caden couldn't sit through even 20 minutes of it. and marshmallow popcorn? yum! going to check your recipe blog next to see if that recipe is there!
and Oh my goodness, I have been to that drive in movie theater!! that is totally crazy!
oh yeah, your dinner looked delish too!
great post
That treasure hunting idea is a good one! Sam would be all over that!
YOU ARE SOOOOO BRAVE!
Looks like you guys had a GREAT staycation. What a fun idea!!
What a fun family night! (maybe an exhausting one too) I haven't been to a drive in forever I think since RIcks!
Post a Comment