We went to the City of Rocks while my parents were here and we had such a great time! My brother, Andrew LOVES to climb ANYTHING so he was right in his element! (Hence, why most of the pictures are of him!!!) Before we knew it he had climbed on top of the rock that we had our picnic by and was way over on some other rocks in the distance!





We found lots of cool caves, nooks and crannies to climb into!


My mom wanted to fill this perfect hole with nice warm water and take a soak! It really is a unique and breath-taking place!



My dad could do too much adventurous climbing because he had just had back surgery- but he had a fun time anyway!
We found one really awesome rock with some perfect "windows!"







This is Treasure Rock and the underside of it is hollow!



On the way home I decided to take my family through the historic little town of Almo, where a lot of Chris' relatives originated from. It was really funny because as we came down from the mountains one of the first things you see is a large LDS chapel. My mom was like, "Don't tell me there's actually a ward building here!" She couldn't believe that a tiny little town like that would have it's own chapel! In Maine there is one chapel for every 1 hour radius (at least!) Then the next little town is Elba and there was a LDS chapel there too! Then the next town is Albion and again, another LDS chapel! We were just laughing so hard at how different things are out here in the west than back in the east!
In Burley there are two stakes, and in Maine there are two stakes! The church is a lot different here!







1 comment:
Oh, that hole does look heavenly for a bath! :) I think I'll join your mama! :) You know, I also love how on your blog, (like on mine) you husband is virtually non-existent! Poor little workin' guys! Somebody's got to do something productive. LOL! -- Also, I really want to see updates of your house! I can't believe we haven't been over your direction since you started!
Post a Comment