Monday, January 11, 2010

Into the working world I go!

I thought I'd just update everyone really quick and let you all know that my blog may be in a sorry state of distress for a while because I have gone back to work FULL-TIME!!!

My friend Charlotte's husband, Jon (who is also my friend) is a physical therapist and was able to refer me to an opening as a medical transcriptionist/office assistant at his agency. I was thrilled at the chance to put my new skills to use and make some money!!!

I intended to post my New Year's resolutions earlier, but as my week became busier that idea fell by the wayside. One of my top goals for this year is to BE DEBT FREE by 2011!!! So, I am taking a hit for the "GRAF TEAM" and going back to work! I intend on paying every penny that I can towards debt this year and also squeezing every extra second of my now precious time at home to be spent with my husband and kiddos. (Debt free is NOT including our mortgage of course...yeah, wouldn't that be awesome!)

The kids have adjusted well to "working mommy" and I am very, very, very lucky to have two wonderful friends providing daycare to my babies. (THANKS Char and Melody!!!)

I am also issuing a PLEA to all MOTHERS WITH GREAT RECIPES to give me ANY and ALL TRIED & TRUE FAST FAST FAST or CROCKPOT dinner ideas!!! So far this week I was 2:4 in the crockpot division...so we need some definite winners!

(*THANKS*)

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Wal-mart and Winco both sell awesome frozen ravioli. Pop open a jar of sauce, a bag of salad and voila! (we do this more often than I'd like to admit)

My favorite broccoli soup only takes about 30 minutes. Or you could make it in the morning- it reheats deliciously.

1 box chicken rice-a-roni
6-8 cups water (whatever your pot will hold!)
2 Tbsp dehydrated onion
1 bag chopped frozen broccoli
1 med carrot shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz cream cheese

Empty rice and seasoning packet into water. Boil and simmer 15-20 min or until rice is tender. Add veggies, simmer 10 more min. Add soup and cream cheese, stir 'til melted and blended.

Patty said...

Good luck with working full-time and your goal. That is a wonderful goal, Dallon and I should be looking at ways to rid ourselves of our school loans. Good luck!!