Friday, February 12, 2010

Throwing a Baby Shower...

Before I post all of the birthday extravaganza pictures this coming weekend I thought I'd finally post the baby shower pictures from a few weeks ago. My good friend Nicole just had her beautiful baby Sophia and I was able to throw her a surprise baby shower! It was so much fun to plan! (I didn't actually get any pictures of the people at the baby shower because my camera chose to die...but some other friends have taken some that I'll get later)



I did a lot of research on the internet for decorations that I could make that would be friendly on my budget. My friend, Laura in Maine had made me the cutest little onesie card when I had Olivia and I had come across it recently and decided to make up a bunch of onesie decorations using a bunch of the scrap ribbon and embelishments that I've saved over the years. I enlisted my friend Charlotte and we crafted our hearts out making these little cuties!



As you can see we made a TON of them and used them to decorate everything! I already had some clothes pins so we used those to hand them up everywhere!


I covered these picture frames with scrapbooking paper that I had and we played a game by placing people's baby pitures in each square and then guessing who each baby was. It was really fun to see everyone's baby pictures!


I decorated my entry-way bookcase with baby gifts that I had gotten and made for Nicole and I also made her this diaper cake! I was really proud of myself that I pulled this off! I read a few tutorials online and then just winged it and I think it came out so perfect! It was by far my favorite decoration and a perfect baby gift too! (Who doesn't need diapers???)


3 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Absolutley LOVELY! DARLING! ADORABLE! Great Job Sis! :) Hopefully we get to see what Sophia looks like-such a cute name! And if I ever have another baby, you're more than welcome to throw a shower for me! :) LOL

Anonymous said...

what a posh baby shower! how fun! i love the idea of baby pictures of the guests! do you want to throw my next baby shower?! (no i am no preggo.. just planning ahead)

Patty said...

Those picture frames look really cute. That's a good idea to fill with family pictures.