Monday, April 26, 2010

Let's start with EASTER...

We had a wonderful Easter and Conference weekend at Chris' parents' house. Brady loves to dye Easter eggs every year with Chris and it's a special tradition for him to remember. Olivia was still too little to understand the egg dying but she loved to look and be a part of it too.





Livy and Auntie Shawnae





While Mommy and the aunties went and did some last minute Easter shopping Brady and Grammie made these little Easter nests:





On Easter morning the kids were excited to find the hidden Easter eggs that they had dyed and their Easter baskets that daddy had hidden for them. Each of the kids had a dozen eggs to find and they had so much fun! It took a few minutes for Livy to get the idea but once she did she was so funny to watch:



I like to fill the kids' baskets with little toys instead of all candy. Here's what they got inside of their baskets:



Brady: Magic set, chocolate bunny, some eggs filled with peeps, bunny straws, a fishing pole and a funny bunny (stretchable like gumby)



Olivia: Chocolate chicks, some egs filled with peeps, some pretty barrettes, a pink and white baseball glove, bunny straws, a funny bunny and a little chicky and some bunny ears (which she refused to wear. She also wouldn't let us take any more pictures)



Since it was Conference we pretty much stayed in our pj's all day and had a nice breakfast made by Dad Graf. The kids had dressed up in their Easter outfits the Sunday before but I didn't remember to grab a picture....We talked about the true meaning of Easter a lot with Brady and did a little lesson the week before for Family Home Evening about Easter. It was a wonderful weekend.



Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!


1 comment:

Bradbury Bunch said...

HIP HIP HOORAY!! A NEW POST!!

Boy have you been missed! I hope I didn't nag too much on the phone with you about how much I miss your blogging! :)

What a fun Easter! Love them all! And I like the way my Mom's Easter nests turned out. They have me craving one right now actually!

Okay...I have more reading on your blog to do....bye for a second.