Saturday, October 16, 2010

Lagoon. {re-visited}

Because we were rained out previously we went down to Lagoon the next weekend and had a blast!  Lagoon is such a FUN place for all ages and a really beautiful amusement park with trees and flowers everywhere!

We walked through the park towards the back and set up "base camp" with a tent and coolers so anyone could rest and we could have a picnic lunch later.  This ride was right next to our picnnic area and Brady wanted to go on right away!  Shawnae volunteered to take him on his first "big ride" and he LOVED it!!!!  He went on it three more times throughout the day and two of those times he went by himself!!!


The second ride that we went on was to THE HAUNTED MANSION!!!!  Chris had been telling Brady all about it for days so Brady was SO EXCITED to go!  Chris and Brady went on one cart and then I took Olivia on another cart with me.  I ended up covering her eyes the whole time because I didn't realize how creepy it would be and I didn't want her to see anything (she gets scared easily).  When we were done she got out of the cart and told the lady running the ride:  "That was S-C-A-R-Y!  I close my eyes!!!"


Two thumbs up for being a brave girl!!!


Off to the carousel for some non-scary fun!!!  However when I tied to put Olivia on the horsey by herself she freaked out and would only go on it if I was with her!!!

It also took some convincing to get Olivia to go on a ride by herself with Brady, but once she did she was hooked and had so much fun!!!




Train Ride!!!


Olivia and Grandma Jones-
there was one point during the day when Grandma watched Olivia for a few minutes while we went on a ride.  Olivia was in her stroller and Grandma was in her "adult stroller" a.k.a. wheelchair with big wheels and they were sitting face to face talking.  I wish I had my camera because that was one of the most precious moments I've ever seen!



We spent the better part of the afternoon at Laguna Beach the water park.. Brady had a blast on the tubes and slides but after the first time when he went down the Quaterback he fell off his tube into the pool and was under the water for a few seconds before the life guard got to him.  It shook him up a bit but he was such a brave boy!  I found out just how much mom loves water slides too!  It was so much fun!!!

BRAVING THE SCARIEST ROLLERCOASTER EVER!!!!

I promised the girls that I would gon on THE WICKED with them before the night was over.  I was PETRIFIED!!!  I used to LOVE roller coasters but now since I'm a mom I'm such a pansy!  I did go with them (FORCED, DRAGGED, GIVEN NO OPTION OUT!!!) and...it wasn't as scary as I thought!  It was so FAST (80 mph) that the worst part was over before you even knew it!  I still screamed my head off the entire time though!!!!!

(image from google search)

1 comment:

Patty said...

If you are talking about Lagoon in Utah, you were so close to us. I rode the wicked and wanted to die, it was sooo scary. FUN FUN!!