We held true to long-time tradition and all bunked in the same room on Christmas Eve as we anxiously anticipated the coming of morning! The day started off at 7:30 as the kids woke everybody up and we went up stairs to find that Santa had indeed come, eaten his cookies, drank his milk and left stockings stuffed and gifts galore!
We got busy with opening gifts and having a good time watching people open the gifts that we had given. In our family we always unwrap one gift at a time so that we can enjoy watching others as well. We always stop at around 9:00 a.m. to make a frencth toast and bacon breakfast (a la Chef Dad, the french toast cooker) and then we resume opening gifts! This tradition took a little while for Chris to get used to but I think he really enjoys it now and I love it because it makes the magic of Christmas last longer!
I made a lot of the gifts this year, including these two aprons. Olivia already has another apron that I'd made her a few years ago and whenever we cook together Brady is always saying that he needs an apron too so I stitched up the best boy apron I could think of (cowboy sheriff) and a coordinating apron for Olivia as well made of vintage apple fabric. I say that they coordinate because I used the same vintage red gingham in both of them. We can't wait to cook up a storm together!
Brady got his favorite colored sleeping bag from Grammie and Grandpa and loved hanging out in it for the rest of the morning! It was also perfect because in Idaho Olivia had gotten a pretty pink princess sleeping bag from Grammie and Grandpa Graf! Now all we need is a bigger tent and we'll be ready for camping this summer!
Uncle Andrew and two crazy kids
My brother, Bryce also made most of his gifts this year and blew us away with his talent! He made these birch coat/hat hangers for Chris and Brady and also (not pictured) two candle holders for me and my mom! They are awesome and we love them so much!
Uncle Andrew gave Brady this Patriots blanker (and I had made him this Boston Red Sox blanket and pillow, specifically because he always complains that he needs a pillow when we are on long car rides) so he was so excited to have blankets from his two favorite teams!
Grandpa and Livy, who loved her new books
"Sissy and Drew"
Later that evening Alison came over to share Christmas dinner and to open her gifts with the family. Mom and dad had found this bench and dad had refurbished it for their new apartment. Inside it was filled with gifts from mom and dad, also for their apartment and honeymoon!
We ended the night with playing games, eating snacks and all enjoying eachother's company. I think that this will be the last Christmas when all of us siblings are together on Christmas morning and I'm grateful for the opportunity that we had to share this time together and make special memories!















No comments:
Post a Comment