Friday, May 27, 2011

SAHM I am!

I am proud to announce that last Friday was my last day at work!  I'm finally a SAHM (stay at home mom) again and it feels GOOD!  I have struggled in the past with the idea of "just being a mom" or "just staying at home" but after the last year and a half of working and being away from my children I can now truly see the blessings of being at home myself and having a mother in the home.  My mom was a stay at home mom and I never really appreciated how wonderful of a blessing that was!  I took it for granted it every day and my hope is that I will never do that again!  For all of you who sacrifice and work hard TO stay at home...CONGRATULATIONS!  What a precious calling motherhood is!  I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be at home with my children.  To take care of them, to love them, to protect them, to teach, play, go on adventures and BE THERE FOR THEM whenever they need ME!

To celebrate my first day of our new lives Olivia and I walked Brady to school and then went walking with some friends.  It was great to be out in the fresh morning air and be physically exercising my body again.  Then we came home, read books, had a snack, walked to school to pick up Brady, had lunch and headed out the door for our first adventure!  I took the kids to the canyon with their friend Annie and we went on some nature trails, saw 5 basejumpers from the bridge, swang and played on the playground.  We would have stayed much longer but we got rained out.



Then we picked up Nicole, Annie's mom and her baby sister Sofie and went to a fabric store and a neat little consignment vintage furniture store, both in Kimberly.  We rounded out the day with slushies from Sonic and a trip to Costo were we had hotdogs and lemonade...a pretty good first day off!

Scripture reading, books and songs and the kids were in bed by 7:30 all tuckered out!

The rest of this week we've gone to parks, gone shopping, picked books and a movie out at the library and played outside, blowing bubbles, riding bikes and enjoying precious sunshine and warm weather.

Now I have a LOT of catching up to do on this blog!!!

4 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Congratulations, Hannah! I'm glad that you get to enjoy the best job of all! I can't wait to hear what you've been up to the past little while and to hear what your plans are for the summer. --- I'm sure they're still in the works, but remember that we're here and are happy to help you with absolutely anything that we can. When is Chris coming to Idaho Falls? We'd love to have him over! And when are you coming?? We need to see you again! :)

Bradbury Bunch said...

YA-HOO!!! That sounds like the PERFECT 1st day celebrating being a SAHM! Those lucky kids! And lucky YOU to live by Sonic...oh how a slushy sounds divine right now...anyway, back to my comment! I'm so happy for you and seeing pictures of the kiddos makes me even more excited for July to be here!!!! WE. CAN'T. WAIT.

I'll be looking forward to catching up on your blog!! And just so you know I'm putting the package in the mail tomorrow! Just a few days later than I said I would. Sorry about that! I know you still love me! :) Enjoy those kiddos!! XOXOXO

sunshine said...

Having soooooo much fun Olivia, Brady with your friends and Mom!!! Love your picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oxoxoGrammie Graf

Anonymous said...

Hi, there!
So nice to hear that you'll be joining us in the SAHM I am club! I've worked VERY part time with my homeopathic medicine practise, and have always striven to keep myself educated, but motherhood is the MOST important job we'll ever have. From our big kids all the way down to our fifth who's only 2, I've never regretted the choice I made to spend that quality time. I'm so happy for you!
Meg Cole from Durham, ME