We are so proud of Brady and all that he accomplished during his first year of school! His teacher was always impressed with how "bright" he is and he excelled in all areas. We still have to work on reading this summer but we know with more practice he'll be reading adventures in chapter books before we know it!
Chris was in Idaho Falls so he wasn't able to attend the graduation but I tried to take some video to share. Look closely and you'll see Brady singing his heart out! When he received his "diploma" his teacher, Mrs. King announced what each of the students said they wanted to be when they grow up. I think Brady may have been influenced by one of his little friends because he said he wanted to be a wrestler too! He has told us he wants to be many things (astronaut, firefighter, even work for Enterprise like daddy) but never a wrestler! We shall see someday.....
graduation "mug shot"
with his teacher, Mrs. King
I also recorded Brady saying his school creed. I was so impressed that these little children memorized such a long statement! I couldn't get it on video at the graduation so I recorded him the other day. The video is dark (I need a better camera!) and he isn't smiling (but he did his best!) I did not help him and he memorized the entire saying by himself and has still kept it memorized over the summer! I am impressed!
Here are the words in case you have trouble hearing:
"We are the scholars of Oregon Trail Elementary School.
We are more than students, we are tenacious lifelong learners
blazing the trail of success for ourselves and all those who
will follow us. Together our mission is to create a place
where we can learn, feel values and be successful.
We will achieve the high expectations set for us by
exhuberantly putting forth our best efforts on a daily basis.
We are trailblazers. We are AWESOME!!!"



2 comments:
Congratulations Brady!! I can't believe he's finished kindergarten! Can't wait til we get to see you guys again!
WE ARE SOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU BRADY!!! You wear that cap and gown like a pro! I'm in awe listening to you recite Trailblazer motto. WAY TO GO!!! You're going to move mountains Brady! And I'm excited to watch you do it!!! LOVE YOU TO PIECES!!! Good luck with 1st grade!!!!! Love, Auntie Nickie, Uncle Nick, Cuzzies Lexi and Chloe!!!!
Post a Comment