Back in my college days Rigby (or Jefferson) Lake was not a desireable place to swim. By the end of the summer the water was disgusting, smelly and anything but refreshing. So I was shocked when out of desperation I took the kids there on one of the last (and hottest) days of the summer! It was absolutely gorgeous! A little oasis here in dusty old Idaho! Over the past couple of years the town put a lot of money into creating a nice retreat for locals and the $5 entry fee (or $50 season pass) is well worth it when you're an ocean girl like me who NEEDS to be in the water during the summertime!
The kids and I had so much fun that the next day we packed up and went again with three of our little friends, Hazel, Lilie and Elsie in tow! It was literally one of the best days of the summer and I only wish that we had spent more time here. A season pass is definately in store for us next year!
Hazel
Olivia and Elsie
These tubes were a hit! The water is shallow like a lagoon in a certain area so I didn't even need to worry too much about Olivia. She just swam about in the tube and kept up with all of the others!
Lilie
The whole gang!
To end the day we got take-out chinese, watched a movie with popcorn and orange julius' and had a sleepover! Awesome summer fun!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment