Tuesday, November 29, 2011

2 weeks old.

Zachary weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. at his 2 week check-up, having gained 9 oz. since coming home from the hospital and also growing 1/2"! to 21 inches!!!  He is such a calm, alert baby.  Right from birth he was able to lift his entire head and neck up off from my chest (as did my other babies).  He loves to look around and also smiled while looking around (at his "angels," as I like to think).  This was also something my other two babies did right from birth until they were about 2-3 months old.  I don't believe that when babies' smile it is "just gas" because I can elicit a smile by speaking spoftly, singing and cooing to them.

He is sleeping 2-3 hours at night inbetween feedings and sleeps well in his bassinet.  I always try to let my babies sleep on their own right from the beginning so they will not have attachment issues/sleeping in bed with mommy issues later on.  Sometimes I snuggle in bed with him in the morning after his last EARLY morning feeding or for a nap.  He even has gone to bed in his bassinet awake and falls asleep on his own.

I really could not get a better baby if I had asked for one!  He is so precious and darling and we all love him so much already.  It is amazing how much a baby can add to a family and how once they are here you could not imagine your family being complete without them!

Here is a funny little picture of him in one of his newborn hats


Sweet as can be...


                                                                                                                       

                                                                                                                                       ...All smiles








The many faces of Zachary...

   

   

No comments: