Monday, January 2, 2012

Brady & Olivia-isms

December 2011/January 2012

Daddy:  "Brady, you're doing such a great job at reading!"
Brady: "I am so good at reading because I am the smartest kid in my class!!!"
Mommy:  "Well, you don't say that to your friends, right?"
Brady: "No.  They already know!"


Olivia : "Mom, what are you doing?"
Mommy:  "I am putting Taco meat into freezer bags so we can eat them another time."
Olivia: "Mom, you're so silly.  You don't do that!  Plastic bags are not for that.  They are just for sandwiches and candy!"


Olivia: "Mom, when I get big is my butt going to get bigger too?"
Mommy: "We say bum-bum, not butt.  And yes, your bum-bum will get bigger when you get older."
Olivia:  "Yeah!!!  I'm going to have a big butt!!!  Just like you mom!!!"


Brady: "Mom, you drink smoothies for breakfast because they have less calories right?"
Mommy: "Yes. hopefully they will help mommy lose some weight."
Brady: (later in the day) "You can eat all the fruit and vegetables you want because they don't have calories.  You can't have very many calories but I will eat all of the calories you can't have because I am skinny."

(I think my children are trying to tell me something....)

2 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Ohmy!!! These are so funny! Thanks for sharing these!!!! Lexi can be just as brutal. One time BEFORE I was pregnant she drew a family portrait and I was the biggest. I asked her why I was the biggest in the picture, and she replied with, "because you have more chubby than we do" OOUCH! :)

Sorensons said...

Funny kids! Brady has always made me laugh :)