Monday, January 30, 2012

FHE- January

One of my New Year's goals this year was to have Family Home Evening (FHE) EVERY week!  This has been something that I have not been good at doing.  I have never been consistent with it and I knew that I needed to get my act together!  The first Monday in the new year we sat down for FHE and talked all about New Year's resolutions and what they mean.  Everyone in our family came up with their own goals that they felt would be important to work on and we will be reminded on the first Monday of each month what those goals are and see how we're doing on them!

We're also doing one night of service, one night of family history, one night of fun and one night learning about the prophet, George Albert Smith, as he is the prophet that we are studying this year at church!

For our first night of service we chose to serve our Bishop! His birthday was that night so we made him an ice cream sundae with a note that read: "Thankyou Bishop for giving all of your Sundays to everyone in the ward!  Here is a 'Sundae' just for you!"

The kids drew him these pictures (isn't Brady's picture HILARIOUS???!!!) and then we drove the sundae and the pictures over to his house and wished him a happy birthday!  It made us all feel reallt good to recognize him in this way for all that he does for our family and the ward family and it really took him by suprise as well!!!

When we got home we each had sundaes of our own!!!

Other activities we did:
-For Family History night: We wrote letters to all of the grandparents asking them questions that Brady and Olivia wanted to know about them!  We are excited to receive some letters back! 

other Desserts we've tried:
-Roasted pineapple with whipped cream
-Fruity Pebbles rice krispie treats
-Chocolate chip banana muffins

I'm really proud that we had FHE every Monday night this month!!!  I can't wait to have more family fun in February!

No comments: