Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

We had a great New Years with our buddies Quinn and Natalie and our cousins, Ben and Rachel!  We have a traditional fondue night every year so the food was great too!  We stayed up and talked and played some games, and of course watched the ball drop!  I can't wait to see what this new year brings!!!



We had quite the spread and I decided that next year I am definately going to make HALF the food because we had so much leftover!!!  I made two entree cheese fondues, one was a gruyere sharp cheddar and the other was a pizza fondue.  They were both good but I'm going to keep searching out for another recipe  (let me know if you have a good one!)  To serve with the cheese fondues we had green apples, carrot and celery sticks, broccoli, ravioli, baguette slices, pumpernickel and french bread cubes, crackers, meatballs and kielbasa.  We also had shrimp cocktail and homemade salsa that Ben made!


To drink we had Shirley Temples, another New Years Eve tradition!!!


For dessert we had a chocolate marshmallow fondue and a peanut butter chocolate fondue.  These were also pretty good...but again, still searching for another recipe!  I served these with graham crackers, marshmallows, pretzel sticks, strawberries and bananas.  We also drank this with milk, egg nog and sparkeling cider!


The kids had a great time at their table as well!  They enjoyed IBC rootbeer, cheese puffs, grapes and all of the adult yumminess too!!!

Lily, Olivia, Annie, Kaytee and Brady!!!




Nat and Hannah

No comments: