Brady wrote a "Seussical Story" at school:
"I do not like green eggs and ham.
Would you in a bag?
Would you do it with an ostrige (ostrich)?
No I would not eat it with an ostrige.
I would not eat it in a bag.
Would you just leve (leave) me alone!
Would you with a cook, or a book, or at a school?
No, I would not eat it in a school or with a book or with a cook,
or in a bag or with an ostrige.
Would you just leave me alone?
Fine."
I thought this was cute- the inner workings of a child's brain!
Chris was out of town for several days so I decided the kids and I would throw our Dr. Seuss Happy Birthday Party then. Liv and I went to the library earlier in the day and checked out several Suess books that we'd never read before. Then we made green eggs and ham (dye-free, thanks to my friend Charlotte's recipe which calls for blended spinach with a few T. of milk!)
I also tried out a recipe I got from her blog for whole wheat buttermilk biscuits! These were fantastic and so much better than I could have even imagined! I'll be posting about those later when I post about our meals over the last few weeks....
Olivia was skeptical about the eggs, but with some encouragement from Big Bro she ended up finishing hers almost all the way gone...and this is a "family-style" plate, not any of our portions!
After dinner we enjoyed the rest of the evening cuddled up in bed reading our books. Brady shared his story with us and then we read until our eyelids were droopy!



1 comment:
How Fun!!!! Great job with your story Brady--I'll make sure to read it to Lexi, she'll LOVE it! ...and now i'm going to go cook some bacon, boy that looks GOOOOOD!! Love you guys!!! XOXO
Post a Comment