Sunday, April 27, 2014

what the kids are saying



 I came across some funny quotes while clearing off my desktop hard drive that i don't believe ever got posted. Now I need to go back and document funny things Zach has said because I'm pretty sure that I haven't been writing down much from the little fella.

Olivia-
18 months:
  • “hi daddy!”
  • “no Brady!”
  • “hi mommy!”
  • “where daddy” (or brady, or mommy)
  • “ no wan dis”  (I don’t want this)
  • “wat-a-way-way” (water)
  • “drink”
  • “sleep”
  • “ah nigh nigh” (go night night)
  • “halt!”  (sticking hand out)
22 months:
·         “i need a driaaank!”  (drink)
·         does not like peas, carrots, cucumbers, grapefruit
·         "let’s go!  i all done!" (when we said amen at church and when we were on a plane and the plane was landing)
·         "more cereal!  i all done!"
·         “dere’s water everywhere!” (tub)
·         "i hot!" (when she put on her pair of sunglasses)
·         when she got her hot pink cast for her broken leg- "ooooh nice!"
  
Brady:  (5 years)
·         “this is the best dinner i’ve ever had!”  (hamburger helper)  “i’m going to gobble it all up!!!”
·         he found a worm in the garden at my friend melodys' house when she was watching him and olivia and declared that he was a mexican worm and his name was to be Nacho Bozo Graf.
·         he became obsessed with the idea of having a mexican dog, specifically a chihuahua that he wanted to name “tortilla”


(while on a trip to Maine, June 2010)
Brady:
-“pizza, ug, they probably have canned lobster on it”
-"corn on the cob! yeah! they’ll suck on that for a week!" (feeding the chickens with grammie)
- there is a family in the yarmouth branch where we went to church that brady would call "the Sister Nancy Thomases" instead of just "the Thomases."  one of their sons' names is Tanner and he was around 12 when we moved to Idaho.  I asked Brady if he remembered Tanner and he said, "yeah, but the last time I saw him he was just a boy!
- we went on a hike up "the Beehive" in Acadia National Park with the Daltons, some of our good friends.  On the way up Brady told our friend, Greg "I'm not really a Jedi you know!"

Livy: 
- "mom!!! shhhh! you go time out!"
-olivia was dragging a box down the stairs with her: "hi, you coming?...Was yur name? I'm Libia!"
-to our dog Captain: "Hi doggy!  Hi puppy!  Hi Taptain!!!  Hi doggy"  (...and repeat)


Brady
·         (reading scriptures about repenting and becoming clean:  Daddy- “Brady, how do we become clean?”  Brady- “By getting baptized and by taking baths!”
·         09/10 “After all these years I finally have a job!”  (told to me upon picking him up after his first day of school)
·         09/10 started sleeping on the top bunk, makes his own bed, brushes his own teeth, puts his own clothes in the dirty laundry and fold jammies for the next night, likes earning stickers for these chores
·         10/20/10 What kind of eggs do you want?  “Slimy ones like a booger!”
·         "Oooooh that is GRUESOME!"
·         "Olivia!  That is NOT an appropriate decision!"


Olivia- 28 months (November 2010)
·         “Dis wuz yummy dinner ma!”
·         “Open da door! Dad!  Please open da door!  You are not busy!”
·         “Never, ever, never again!” (when asked to go on the froggy potty)

Brady- 5 ½ years (November 2010)
·         enjoys watching the show “Antiques Rodeo” aka "Antique Roadshow"
·         “sugar bugs poop on me teeth and eat the poop and then make the cavity!”

3/11/11-Olivia
·         Mommy: “Guess what?”
·         Liv:  “Mom, I don’t want to hear it!”
·         Mommy: “Olivia, Good job going potty and having no accidents today!”

·         Olivia:  “I don’t want to be talked to right now!  I just want to we weft awone!” (left alone)

No comments: