Monday, September 10, 2007

Our Apartment

The Camper!

This was our "home" last summer, where we basically slept. It was manageable but I don't think I'd ever want to do it again! The heat was often very bad and the spiders....ewwwwww!!!! In November of 2006 when it began to get too cold we moved into the apartment above the garage where my grandpa was living at the time. He was gracious enough to let us have his bedroom and we made a private area for his bed in the livingroom. That arrangement worked well until May of 2007 when he made some life changes and moved out to Montana with my Aunt Linda and Uncle John. This left us with the apartment, which we were so grateful to have!!! It had been a VERY long winter (and year for that matter!) We moved into the apartment almost a year to the day from when we had moved back here to Maine! After painting and cleaning we were finally able to call it our own!!!

The view from our kitchen window. My parents have 5 acres, almost all of it is lawn that we have to mow! But everyone in our family loves mowing so we actually fight over who gets to do it (we have a John Deere Lawn Tractor!) What we don't like is raking after mowing!

My lovely flower boxes have been in full bloom all summer. I'll be sad when the last little flowers die away! I planted Pink Superbena, Gazinia's, Dusty Miller, and Zinnias.

The view of the deck from the backyard. It's been really nice having my own first "garden" and experimenting with different flowers. It's very private as it's on the west side of the house by the woods. Brady has a little playset with two slides and a turtle sandbox in this area so I can watch him play while tending to the plants. All summer long he helped me water everyday with his own little watering can! He's such a good little helper!


These are mostly Mums and leftover annuals from the summer that are still thriving

Below: The back garden that I've helped my mom create. She also built the brick patio that leads off from their deck. This garden has grapevines, roses, dahlias, bee balm, cosmos, silver mound, pansies, and purple coleus.


This is our kitchen! It's huge and provides lots of storage!



Our cozy livingroom- aside from only having 1 bedroom, the old appliances and flooring I really love this apartment and how big the rooms are (because it's handicap accessable). in fcat, this is actually my favorite apartment that we've lived in because it's so bright and sunny and it's been wonderful being able to look at my flowers through the sliding glass doors in the livingroom.

Our Cozy, cute bedroom



Our Bathroom is so nice because it's huge and has a washer/dryer!





3 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh Hannah! You make things so cute! I love your flowers and I'm SO jealous of them...we're still working on the flower bed and I'm sure we will be for a couple of years! You have beautiful taste and I love your little apartment! I miss you a ton!
Rachel

Bradbury Bunch said...

Alright, So you're totally decorating my house someday!!! Your place looks great and Mom and I think you should have your own T.V. show to share your awesome talents with the rest of us that need help with the home decor!

Rachel Chick said...

So Hannah, Nels and I were looking at your blog and these pictures of your cute little apartment. We noticed you only have 1 bedroom....Nels says, "No wonder they don't have another baby...I guess they'll just have to do it on the couch!" ha ha ha ... lol ... sorry! I just can't control him and I thought it was funny! Just thought I'd share.