Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Meeting Baby Alexa!

I must be CRAZY!!!! I decided to go down to Philadelphia on a whim! I'd been deliberating for WEEKS about what to do once Alexa was born because I wanted to go and see Nickie so bad! When Julie, my mother-in-law flew out on a last minute decision I wanted to go even more! They gave me a call when I was on my way home from work on Thursday the 13th and begged me to come. I wanted to so bad but felt that I couldn't because I had work and a lot of things planned for the weekend. Chris wasn't going to be able to go because he started training on that following Monday for his new job! So, I hemmed and hawed about what i should do and went back and forth about it for about an hour before my mom finally came up and said, "Well, are you going, or what!?" So, I said, "Okay! I"m going!" She helped me pack and Brady and I were out the door!

Chris had taken Brady's car seat with him to work on accident so luckily I had a booster seat in the shed. I strapped Brady in, we drove to Chris' work, got his car seat, swapped them out, stopped at the grocery store and got some Red Bull (hehe and some cookies...) and let my boss know I'd be out of town! Luckily he was very understanding. Then we hit the road! I cancelled all of my weekend activties/jobs through various phone calls and it was nothing but highway after that!

Brady was VERY good for me on the drive down. He played with his toys, sang songs and snacked for hours on end. He only slept for two hours of the whole trip! We rolled into Philly just shy of 3 am and were delighted to meet our new neice/cousin!

She is beautiful! Alexa is the happiest, sweetest baby. While we were there it was rare to catch her with her eyes open because she slept so much!


Like I said, she's preparing for another snooze with a nice big yawn...makes me sleepy too!


Beautiful new mom! None other than my fabulous sister-in-law, Nickie! It was so much fun to be together during such a wonderful time! It is awesome having her as sister and a friend! I love you Nickie!!! =)


Brady was the best cousin! He adores her and talks about "Baby Alexa" all the time, saying that "I love her the best!" He was very possesive of her and wanted to be the one to hold her all of the time. He's going to be such a good big brother someday!!!

Can you tell that I'm baby hungry! I loves snuggling up with her and having such precious moments like these. It was worth every penny and the lack of sleep that I got every night that we were there (thanks to Brady!)

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Congratulations! I'm excited that you were able to go and see her! New babies are so fun! (By the way, we're still waiting on our own! I'm getting a little crazy and antsy...Oh well, I guess it's just time to make myself a new list of things that need to be done, so that I can run myself to death and stop thinking about it! - Classic Rachel, right?) How far is it from Maine to Philadelphia? Again, I'm so glad that you had a good time! Also, where did Chris get a new job? Is he still at the store, just managing or what?
Rachel