Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Story

This is the little program that I found and revised to use for our Easter FHE with Brady. I love the simplicity of the message and the songs that I put with it to help bring in the spirit and tell the story of Christ to our children. The following pictures are ones that I free-handed to go along with the program and play a short matching game when talking about the Savior's Resurrection and how all new life is a symbol of his great sacrifice and triumph over death!

Children’s Easter Program:

Song: “He Sent His Son” Children’s Songbook, 34-35

Narrator #1 (I chose to include my parents in this so we had 4 narrators)


The Easter story is a story of love. Heavenly Father loves us so much that He sent His Son to earth to atone for our sins. Jesus loves Heavenly Father; He was willing to obey Him. And Jesus loves each one of us. He gave His life so that we may be forgiven when we do something wrong and repent.

Narrator #2


“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends” (
John 15:13).

Song: “Did Jesus Really Live Again?” Children’s Songbook, 64

Narrator #3


Jesus died and then was resurrected, which means that He lived—and lives—again. We do not fully understand how Jesus can live again, so we think of it as a miracle. There are many miracles all around us that help us understand the resurrection of Jesus.


Wintertime is long and dark;The flowers and seeds are sleeping.They wait for the light of the sun to awaken them.The warmth of spring brings them to life again,Like a testimony of the Easter story.A wonderful thing happens in spring—The birds sing, the grass becomes green,The world is awake with the promise of life,Restoring the earth in its fullness.


Song: “On A Golden Springtime” Children’s Songbook, 88

The Miracles of Springtime:
From a cocoon comes forth a beautiful butterfly!

Dry bulbs (and seeds) pressed deep into the earth come forth a bloom again!


A little egg inside a nest becomes a bird!


Tiny brown buds become blossoms on a tree!


These tiny miracles help us to understand the greatest miracle of all, the Resurrection. When the stone was rolled away that Easter day, Jesus had risen from His tomb.


“He is not here: for he is risen” (Matt. 28:6).



Narrator #4

Many people saw Jesus after He was resurrected. However, we do not need to see Him to know that He lives. As we keep the commandments and remember Jesus, we feel good. And that good feeling is the beginning of a testimony.

Narrator #1

“A testimony of Jesus means that you accept the divine mission of Jesus Christ, embrace His gospel, and do His works” (Ezra Taft Benson, Ensign, May 1982, page 62).

That means that you believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that you will try to be like Him by making good choices!

Narrator #2

For a long time the world was in darkness; The hearts of men were sleeping. There was no spiritual light upon the earth. Then at last the heavens were opened, and the light of the gospel awakened the world. This was a glorious testimony of the Resurrection. A wonderful thing happened one spring when Joseph saw the Father and the Son. The world was awakened, and the priesthood was returned to earth-restoring the gospel in its fullness.

Narrator #3

Joseph Smith tells us about the vision he received: “I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!“ (JS—H 1:17.)

Song: “This is My Beloved Son” Children’s Songbook, 76, verses 3 and 4

Narrator #4

We are blessed to have the gospel restored in our day. As we learn more about the teachings of Jesus, our testimonies will grow.

Narrator #1

I know that Jesus lives and that He loves me. Do you know that Jesus lives and loves you?

How do you feel His love?

Narrator #2

Who was the first prophet?

I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that through him the gospel was restored.

Narrator #3

How do we feel when we make good choices and keep God’s commandments?

Song: “Choose the Right Way” Children’s Songbook, 160


3 comments:

Natalie said...

Good idea!! I might use this. THANKS!!

sunshine said...

What a cute Family Home Evening and I can use it in my sharing time for PRIMARY.. I LOVE PRIMARY AND I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! THANK YOU LOVE GRAMMIE AND GRANDPA GRAF AND THE AUNTIES

Bradbury Bunch said...

This is great stuff for future FHE with Lexi-Lou! Save it forever and always, so I can use it sometime in the future! It might actually be sooner than later, since I'm better learning with visual things than just reading words!!! Thanks for sharing!!