Friday, March 28, 2008

Getting our Wiggles out at Gymnastics!

My friend, Jan has been trying to get me and Brady to come with her and her son to an hour long gymnastics open session. Finally the other day Brady and I went and I'm glad we did (except for the major meltdown that he had when we had to leave!) It was great for him to explore this new realm of being "allowed" to jump of things and run around and I know it was great for his cabin fever. He has NOT done well this winter with being cooped up inside so much since he's such an active outdoors boy! Now we just need to continue to reinforce the rules of no jumping off the couch (and other things) and no climbing in the house!

Brady's first experience on a trampoline (that he can remember!)


Getting ready for the "big jump" off of a 3 foot block into the foam pit! (I tried to get an action shot of him jumping but wasn't seccessful and he finally said, "Mommy! No more pictures!")

I was truly envious of all of the soft foam- wishing that I could take a dive into it as well!

Climbing through the tunnel of the "elephant trunk" in the jungle room!

I also wasn't able to get a picture of this but in the jungle room there was also a "hippo slide" where you enter the "mouth" from the second floor and then you slide down the tunnel to the first floor and land in a pool of foam blocks! When we were upstairs brady said he wanted to go down it so I said okay, thinking that as soon as he actually did it an experienced te 4 foot drop into the foam that he's be upset, but I figured "Why not?" So I ran downstairs so I could be there when he came out and my friend stayed up there with him. I yelled the okay and down came Brady! He LOVED it! WOW! I really never knew he was so adventurous! He did it several more times and actually that was the source of the meltdown because he wanted to do it again but we didn't have time because our "hour" was up!

Anyhow, I now know that I need to get this boy involved in some active things! I'm thinking gymnastics class, clogging or some other kind of "toddler" activity program. Any suggestions!?

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

All I have to say is that I need to fine a gymnastics class NOW! :) My kinds would love it! It looks like Brady had SO Much fun!!

And WOW on the SNOW! I hope it all melts soon and you can take advantage of beautiful spring walks!!

Natalie said...

Looks like fun!! Have you checked into a t-ball team for this summer or swimming lessons?
It's fun for my girls to be involved in things....I just wish it wasn't so expensive. The girls were in a singing group for 4 yrs, but the teacher had to stop the group. Kayla and Kaytee are taking piano lessons though. Is Brady going to go to pre-school this fall?
I can't believe how big he has gotten...time goes by SO quick.

Hannah said...

In answer to your questions- I hadn't thought about t-ball but I don't think they have it here until they are at least 5...and it depends on where we live and if we can get a second car this fall about pre-school (plus how much it costs!) Our Taurus just died! =( So now I'm "stuck" at home again!

sunshine said...

He' is the cutest!!! Now mind you that this is Grammie in Idaho. All the activites would be great
!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved the Brady and Seagull pictures. Loved everything!!! Keep on
Blogging!!!!!!!!!!Love Grammie

Bradbury Bunch said...

I love the foam pit!! I can see Brady being a gymnist already! If my memory is right, Chris was a gymnist for awhile! wearing white pants with suspenders and a red t-shirt underneath! I'm pretty sure my Momasita has pictures somewhere! (like Father like son!) LOL! Brady does have a lot of energy, so I see him liking anything you can get him into! Swimming lessons sound fun too....if the snow ever disappears that is!!!! We sure love you all!!