Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

It was fun to celebrate St. Patty's Day this year because Brady is old enough that I could explain to him why we have this day (and learn some new things myself) and make some fun treats with him. Brady's name is actually Irish, meaning "spirited" (quite fitting I think!) and I do have some "Irish blood" somewhere in me so I always think this is a fun holiday to celebrate!

I tried a new recipe for pistachio pudding sugar cookies. They were okay but I won't be making them again! I'll have to learn how to make my mother-in-laws fabulous sugar cookies!


Brady and I also made a rainbow cake so the leprechauns could hide their gold at the end of the rainbow! It cam eout really cute and was a big hit with the whole family! It was fun coloring shamrocks and pots of gold and having traditional Irish food! I was going to post a picture of Brady but he's been sick...so it will have to wait for another time!
I'll leave you all with an Irish Blessing I found:

"May your blessings outnumber
the shamrocks that grow!!!"

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

You are a much better mom than I. I boycotted the day....too tired to think....

Bradbury Bunch said...

WHAT A FUN MOM YOU ARE!! You are so cute and creative Hannah--I love it! The cake and cookies look scrumdiliumptious and I would love to take a bite right now!!!!

Natalie said...

YUMMY!! That cake looks pretty tasty and I'm sure Brady was very proud. One thing we miss about you guys is the treats. Whenever you came over you always had great food ideas.