Monday, April 28, 2008

7 1/2 Months (29 weeks)

Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week she weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is getting bigger to accommodate her growing brain — which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.

Current Craving: Chocolate, peanut butter, milk...basically anything NOT good for me!!!

Current Gripe: Feeling "squished," having very few clothes that "fit"

Current Joy: Knowing there's a beautiful baby living right within me and that I'm supplying everything she needs!!!

Current Weight Gain: 18 lbs. (they just keep "creeping on!")

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

AWESOME, AWESOME! You look so beautiful!

Rachel Chick said...

You look GREAT! Obviously all the hiking you do with Brady is paying off! I can't wait to see this new little lady of yours!

Natalie said...

I think blogs are so wonderful because we write down our daily thoughts more. You will be so happy that in a few years when you can look back and read all about your pregnancy with Olivia!
I bet you must be feeling so "squished"....grrr. Those days are so tough and I don't miss that at all!! And you look really healthy...18 lbs of waight gain is really great!! So I say keep on craving that yummy food...k.

ps.
Quinn and I have really been missing you guys lately! We have some really fun friends, but it's not the same!! PLEASE COME BACK...we miss you!
Hugs!