I am hoping to take advantage of the labor tub in my private room at the hospital I'll be delivering at and that this second experience will be a much more aware and connecting emotional experience for me, Chris and Olivia. It helps to know that I have options and that I can make more desicions than I knew I could with my first baby. I truly look forward to this delivery and have such a feeling of peace about her arrival even though my nerves of the unknown are still present (if that makes any sense at all). Isn't it such a miracle that we can bring forth new life and be co-creators with our Father in Heaven? I marvel everyday that there is a tiny little human being living within me. It's so uncomprehendible! I am grateful for this blessing and for my opportunity to be a mother!
Current Craving: Chocolate, pasta, cinnamon toast, ice cream (that doesn't mean that I'm actually getting to eat any of this- it just means I WANT it! If there was a Dairy Queen close by I'd be having some ice cream though! It's one of "those things" that I won't buy because Chris and I will both eat way too much! Same goes for the chocolate!)
Current Gripe: Olivia is truly a "mover and a shaker" with a mean kick or right hook! She likes to stick her hands (I think) underneath my ribcage and move them around! Ouch!!! I'm also starting to have "pinchy pains" and have had lower back pain and a sore tailbone!
Current Joy: I know this is kind of like saying the opposite of what I just said, but even though a lot of times it's really uncomfortable when she moves/kicks I still love it because that's when I feel the connection between us! Watching my belly grow and feeling so beautiful. I truly love this stage of pregnancy (not for the uncomfortableness of it all) but because it's an amazing feeling as a woman to house a child and to watch your body conform to meet those needs. I think pregnant women are one of the most beautiful creations!
Current Weight Gain: 18 lbs!!! YEAH I haven't gained a pound this past week (let's watch and see what next week shows though!!!)
How your baby's growing: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
5 comments:
That is so great you are doing what you feel is best. I was induced all 3 times and never had that same disconnect--I was very alert and felt SO rested because the epidural let me sleep. And it relaxed my body SO much that I only pushed twice and the baby was out. It is just evidence that each person and each pregnancy is SO different! I just feel so bad that you had such a bummer experience, even though something great came out of it. I hope this time around is so much better!!
GOOD LUCK!
You're beautiful!
Hooray for pregnancy! Always ready for it to end - but there definitely is a certain joy to it! Good luck with choosing how to deliver! It's different for everyone and every baby! Although - just a little caution - with Elsie, my epidural wore off as she was crowning and delivered . . . I definitely felt . . . hmmm . . . a little TOO connected. HOWEVER, don't let anyone else's experiences discourage you from doing what you feel is right for both you and her! I'm sure either way, it will be a beautiful experience and I'm excited to see this new little lady!
Hey Hannah- You're such a cute pregnant woman! Your hair looks great, too. Eric and I are moving to Boston at the end of this month, so maybe we'll see you guys sometime!
~Camille
WHAT A HOT MOMMY YOU ARE HANNAH!! You look INCREDIBLE! That's awesome you're still at 18 lbs--YOU GO GIRL! I'm "still" TRYING TO lose! IT's neverending!!
I'm cheering for ya with your all natural birth! You're a trooper either way you go! I think I was in Rachel chick category with the epidural wearing off when she was crowning! Because I felt Lexi coming...and when the Dr. said don't push, I yelled back--"FORGET IT! SHE'S COMING OUT NOW!!" Next time, I'll be asking for double on the epidural!
I think it's important to do what you want to do! Either way, I'm so excited to meet Olivia!!!
Post a Comment