Monday, July 21st was a beautiful day for our family as we welcomed in our new little girl! She was born at 3:01 on her daddy's birthday!!! Weighing 7 lbs. 2 oz. and measuring 20 inches long. She is a sweet little baby who loves to cuddle! We've already nicknamed her "snork" because she makes funny little snorting noises! What a blessing it is to have her as part of our growing family!
Olivia was born very fast! My nurse went to go get my doctor when she was having a hard time keeping track of Olivia's heartbeat. I had just asked for an epidural because I was having hard, fast contractions and back labor. When my nurse came back with my doctor a few minutes later my doctor said, "Wow, Hannah! Are you feeling like you need to push?! " I said, "YES!!!" She checked me and said, "You're ready, let's push with the next contractions!"
It was that fast! I had my mom and Chris there helping me and encouraging me while pushing and we all experienced Olivia's natural birth together! They immediately laid her on my chest and I fell in love with my sweet little girl!
Isn't it amazing that we brought this beautiful girl into the world? What a miracle!!!
Daddy's- they think they have it hard! Chris fell right asleep after he met and held Olivia! We woke him up so he could see her being washed and weighed though!
She didn't like being all naked and cold!
First bath- she loved having her hair washed and brushed by my mom!
All snug as a bug in a rug! Now Daddy gets to hold her and tell her he loves her!
My mom- Grammie Morgan, who was able to be there for the birth! She was a wonderful help. I love you mom! It's so special and bonding to share something like this with the woman who gave birth to you and brought you so humbly into the world.
We had talked so much about Olivia coming into our family so Brady came right up to the bed and crawled up to see her! I asked him what he thought and he said, "She's good!" Then, without skipping a beat, he said, "I'm soooo excited that Olivia is born because now I can open my present!!!"
Brady and I had gone shopping to pick out some special things that he could give to her and he chose a ladybug blanket and stuffed animal for her. We'd had it on the kitchen counter ready to bring to the hospital for weeks and we also had a gift bag for him, so that's why he was so excited! He had been a VERY patient big brother so we took the time to open some gifts to him from mommy and daddy and some from Grandpa and Grammie. He got lots of special things to play with down at Grammie and Grandpa's house and was so excited!
Then he opened Olivia's gifts and "showed" her what he got for her! It was a great way to make him feel special and connected to the experience. He wanted to hold her and kiss her and has done a very good job of playing quietly and listening to mommy and daddy!
"Good job Mommy!!!"
One proud Grandpa! My dad- Grandpa Morgan
The next day my mom came over with Brady to visit us. The hospital gave him a little cake so he could wish Olivia a happy birthday! We all shared the cake and then he had some time playing games and taking a walk with daddy.
The hopspital treated Chris and I to a candlelight dinner on our last night. It was lovely and gave us a chance to be alone together. Chris had steak and I had salmon and it was topped off with THE MOST SCRUMDIDILYUMPTIOUS CHOCOLATE CAKE I've ever had!
Today Chris had to go back to work and I got to come home with Olivia!
She is now three days old.
10 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Olivia~~WELCOME!! We're so happy you made is here safely!! And we only have 10 more days till we get to meet you in person~AND HUG, KISS, SNUGGLE, SMELL AND ENJOY YOU!!~
All these pictures are beautiful! Hannah, how dare you look so wonderful after delivering with NO EPIDURAL!!! :)
And Brady is going to be the bestest big brother ever!! Olivia is such a lucky girl!!
We love you all soooooooooo much!! Please post more pictures soon...REAL SOON!!! MUAW! MUAW! MUAW!
Congratulations!! She's so beautiful, Hannah! I can't believe you didn't have an epidural! I'm glad everything went so well, and I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of your new family of 4!!
What a doll, doll, doll!
CONGRATS! YOU all look great! I can't wait to see her grow up and develop into her own little person! :)
Oh Hannah! I'm so happy for you all! What a little sweetie she is! She looks quite a lot like Brady, doesn't she? How cute!!! Congratulations to you all!!! I can't wait to get to see more of her! :)
She is so DARLING!! A little Brady, with that girly look. I loved ALL the pictures, you are so dang cute Hannah...hot mama!
I'm printing off the one of all of you today so I can hang it on the fridge and all my friends will "say who is that adorable family of 4"
LOVES~~
Hannah- congrats- I kept on checking to see when she was coming- give me your address- at my email account. You look so beautiful - what a special day- keep up nursing its so beautiful. Love ya
yay! she is beautiful! so glad the birth went well. congratulations and happy birthday to both chris & olivia!
love, ben & lynsey
yayay hannah!! such good news!! and she is beautiful!!
and you look fab!!! your hair looks soooooo good!! I wish mine had looked so put together!!
your labor story sounds pretty ideal!! I'm sooo glad it went so well!!
chris looks great in those pics...sleeping and all...they work so hard, don't they?! :-)
candlelight dinner?!?! what?! my hospital suddenly really sucks!!
Can't wait to see more pics!! I know we are many miles apart, but let me know if I can do anything!! It's been fun watching your family grow :-)
Hannah, she is BEAUTIFUL! Such a perfect little angel! Congratulations! I'm so happy for the three of you!
Tara
Congratulations! What a beautiful little daughter you have! It sounds like it all went great! We are happy for you!
Post a Comment