1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You played with Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy.
5. You wore a bodysuit (I actually stuffed mine with silly putty one time...during the day it dried up and started falling out in little pieces all over my desk! Talk about trying to explain that away!!!)
6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls.
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom
8. Two words: Hammer Pants (and I know you know the dance too)
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars...and spokey-dokes or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales" (Woo ooh!)
12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the big screen..and still know the turtles names.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. (And who didn't love Carmen San Diego?!)
16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game "MASH"(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House) (Millions of times!!!)
18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it. (to top it off, did anyone have a bedazzler? If so, Oh I envy you!!!)
19. L.A. Gear....need I say more? Guess, B.U.M., "No Fear," ...
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten. (She's Truly Outrageous.)
21. You remember reading Tales of a fourth grade nothing and all The Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON , WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You even wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe) (At my school the COOL thing was florescent socks with penny loafers! Uggg!!!)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch boxes to school (with a thermos!)
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
30. You LOVED and made your own tie-dyed t-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-ra (Princess of Power!) and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. (weren’t they the cutest!?)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up" 37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. (Happy Wheels- those were the days!!!)
37. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
38. Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Debbie Gibson, Madonna...oh these women knew how to sing!
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.
41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.
42. You remember Popples.
43. Don't worry, be happy!
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks. (or a bandana tied to my leg…lol)
45. You wore your socks scrunched down
46. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that. (I didn’t personally but the older kids did =)
47. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"
49. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and & My Little Pony Tales
50. You thought Doogie Howser was cute (and soooooo smart!).
51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...
53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved ByThe Bell," The ORIGINAL class. (I actually scheduled my piano lessons so that I never missed an episode…lame!!!)
54. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
55. You just sang those words to yourself.
56. You remember watching Magic vs. Bird.
57. Homemade Levi shorts…(the shorter the better)
58. You remember when mullets were cool!
59. You had a mullet! (yes I did…oh my gosh, did I just admit that!?)
60. You still sing "We are the World"
61. You tight rolled your jeans.
62. You owned a bike with a banana seat. (Mine was purple with a unicorn! Oh I was so proud!)
63. You loved “Free Willy” and wore the medallion that came with the movie!!!
64. You used to feel so cool when you had a “snackable” for lunch (this didn’t occur often- my parents were “cheap”…but I can’t say much because I’d never buy these for my kids!!!)
65. You had big hair and you knew how to use it. (Need I say more than permed bangs?)
66. You owned a Baby Alive and took her everywhere!
67. Your family was SO COOL when they got their first VCR!
68. Punky Brewster- was that not THE GREATEST show of all time?!
69. "Captain Planet, he's our hero! He's gonna take polution down to zero!!!....With our powers combined..." (Okay, am I really the ONLY dork who watched this?)
70. Lightning bolts, stripes and your intials shaved into your brothers and cousins hair?
71. Velcro sneakers...(If Rachel or Nels is reading this have a good laugh for me=)
72. "French bikinis"- the ones that have a HUGE hole missing right in the middle of the front AND back of the bathing suit- did they run out of fabric? Yeah- I had one of these...
73. Was it EVER REALLY cool to wear boxer shorts (as a girl) and then have your jeans low-ride? Yeah- this was not a flattering time for me...
74. Colored elastics on my braces
75. Pop rocks- mmmmmm
76. I was "all that and a bag of chips!"
77. "Ew, like- Gag me with a spoon!"
78. Full House- NEVER missed an episode- and Uncle Jessie was SO HOT!
79. McGyver and Quantum Leap were the great "crime/thriller" t.v. shows of the day
80. It was such a priviledge to have chocolate milk!
81. Getting a trampoline was like a child's ultimate dream come true!
82. Atari and the captivating worlds of Frogger, Tetrus and PacMan!
83. Sugar cereals came out big like "Cocoa Puffs," "Fruity Pebbles," and "Honeycomb." But you weren't ever going to be good at sports if you didn't eat your "Wheaties!"
84. I was crushed when "Young Riders" left t.v.
85. We ate at the Ground Round for a penny per pound!
86. Any other Trekkies out there?
87. Frilly "clown" shirts, big hoop earrings, and spandex
88. Did anyone else "grow-up" on Ramen, "Schwann's" and "Sam's Club specials?"
89. I thought records were so "ANCIENT" compared to my cassettes!
90. I was in love with Tom Brokaw
91. Who remembers those "tv. remotes" that were a box hooked to your t.v. (the cord only stretched so far) and there was a sliding bar that allowed you to choose the channel...if that's not ghetto then I don't know what is!!!
92. Getting FREE cds from AOL in the mail and having the time of our lives "surfing" the internet for 30 WHOLE MINUTES!!!
93. Having short hair, long hair, wavy hair, bobbed hair, permed hair, crimped hair...and what about "Sun in" anyone try that and actually get good results?!
94. Thinking that by the year 2000 we'd be living like "The Jetsons"
95. Hopscotch and jump ropes
96. I remember when having a walk-men was IT! Never mind when the shockingly AWESOME disc-men came out- but "i-pods" (do people have any creativity anymore?) Honestly, the way my young women are hooked up to their i-pods is like it's a life-sustaining IV or something....I just don't get it!
97. "Miss Susie had a steamboat..."
98. What ever happened to wholesome family shows like "The Cosbys?"
99. What were those "Gotta Have One Or You're NOT Cool" binders called? Oh, Trapper-Keepers?!
100. "I LOVE (insert name here)" all over EVERYTHING!" In sixth grade my "boyfriend" and I "broke-up" and to get hime back I had another friend deliver him a "secret" letter (you know, those kind folded up into a heart or a square?) and it said: "Joey, please forgive me and take me back. Without your love I'm like a candle without it's flame!"
Oh my gosh- could I really be so lame!? (For those of you who know me well and are nodding your heads, I think that you are just as lame! Yeah, that's right, I told you last, no I told you last! Not it! ....)
Hope this was a fun stroll down memory lane- post any further "MEMORIES of the 80's and 90's!!!"
1 comment:
I love the ones you added on the list! Although I think the pictures make it so much cheesier!!(I know it makes the worlds longest post however!)
The last one you wrote about with letters to your boyfriend is hilarious! I remember going out with a boy in 2nd grade and having my friends talk to him for me...we were going out, even though I think we only said like 2 words to eachother!!
Our kids are going to laugh a lot about the thinngs we did!!
Post a Comment