Brady's room has been done for a couple of weeks now. His room was the first room that I tackled and finished because I had to get so many things for his room that I just wanted to get it all and get it done with! Before moving I found an awesome deal on his bunkbed on Craigslist. It's solid wood and originally cost $1200. My price $300!!!
We talked all about his new BIG BOY BED for weeks and he was really excited when it got set-up and he got to sleep in HIS OWN BEDROOM ("Yee-Haw!!!)
Considering that we live in the WEST now and that I LOVE "Cowboys" I thought that would be a cute theme for his bedroom. We went to the store and picked out his bedding and made his room a really fun place for him to play. Isn't it soooo cute?
I got the bedding (mix and match) at Target, which was expensive but it is really good quality and will last him a long time. Besides it included sheets, pillowcases, pillows etc...all of which he needed. We finally got to unpack all of his stuffed animals that have been in storage.
The blue night stand I found at Big Lots for $49, which is such a steal! It's really heavy duty sturdy and has a nice distressed look, which was what I was going for.
I already had the curtains in storage so I just bought a curtain rod.
I already had the yellow book shelf (notice the adorable little teepees that I picked up at a used chidlren's store for $2.99!!!) and the blue bench seat (yard sale find $5!!!) I thought all of the colors came together really nice and that it's such a fun little boys room!
Brady also helped me "embelish" the letters that spell his name. We added some blue cowboy scrapping paper, some brown gigham ribbon and some buttons, which he hand-picked from the craft box! Modge Podge, hot glue and an hour to dry...wallah!!!
6 comments:
the colors all look great together! It's really cute! It must be nice to be able to send him to his room- and it's not your room :-)
COMPLETELY ADORABLE! It looks great! You have a great way of putting it all together.
if i was a little boy, i'd LOVE that room! great job!
LOVE the room! I'm sure Brady loves playing in his own space!
I love it!! awesome job!! and what a steal on some of those items too! doesn't it make it all the more satisfying?!
mod podge rules
and glad to see that you are back!
The room looks great! The cowboy theme is too cute; of course, I'm partial to cowboys since I grew up with them. :-) You did a great job! It never occured to me to put scrapbook paper over the letters like that, I just racked my brain for how on earth I was going to paint something detailed and make it halfway decent. You had a much better idea, I'll have to try it myself one of these day!
Post a Comment