Monday, January 26, 2009

The newest ASSISTANT MANAGER of Enterprise Rent-A-Car in Idaho!!!

That's right, your looking at the newest (and cutest) Assistant Manager for Enterprise!!!
Doesn't he look sharp?



The big day for our family has FINALLY come!!! Chris was promoted to Assitant Manager of the Twin Falls office today!! He starts in one week and that's when life will get real crazy for us!
When we moved here to Idaho we were expecting a position in Boise area so we signed a 9 month contract which enabled us to get a great deal on our apartment. there's probably a clause stating that we can get out of our contract due to job transfer but for now we're going to play it safe by having me and the kids stay right here until we know for sure that Chris' job is going well. This way we can save some money too and hopefully buy a house by the end of this summer!!!
-----
So, I'll be a "single mom" during the week for at least the next 7 months! It's going to be hard but this is a fantastic opportunity for Chris' career and for our family to get settled in one place! He also has the advantage with this position as he will automatically be promoted as BRANCH MANAGER by the end of the summer as well! That's an amazing opportunity that will really catapult him forward.
-----
Luckily Chris' parents live in Burley, about 35 mins. from his office in Twin Falls so he'll be staying with them in his old room! And we will take turns going to see each other every weekend. It's nice that I don't have anything to tie me down here so that the kids and I cna go stay there for several days if we want! It will work out and the sacrifice will only make our family stronger!
-----
He is so excited and we are so proud of him! Right from the first day Chris has been with Enterprise he has blown away the rest of his "competition" or peers. He was on a fast track to be "grilled" or advanced from a trainee to a Manager's Assistant. He was a favorite back in Maine and would have been selected for an Assistant Manager position a long time ago had they not changed their policy and needed him to do 3 months at the airport to get that experience first. Unfortunately, during his time at the airport the East Coast took a big hit economically and Enterprise had to lay off 1% of their workforce (these were the first lay-offs in company history!!!) Due to the financial state the region was in they also put a hiring freeze in place, meaning that no one could get promoted...that's when we began to feel like we needed to look outside of Maine and considered moving back to Idaho. Chris and I both felt really good and at peace with it...and now our prayers and patience has been answered!
-----
We celebrated tonight by me suprising Chris with a homemade candlelight dinner. We has black beans and rice (one of Chris' favorites) with broccoli and lemon pepper salmon. Brady helped me get everything ready and when Chris got hom he yelled out,
-
"SUPRISE!!!
HAPPY CONGRATULATIONS BIRTHDAY DINNER!!!!"
(I think he was a little confused even though we went over the fact that it wasn't Daddy's birthday like 20 times!!! He knew he got a NEW job but didn't quite "get" it!)
-----
I'm so proud of you honey! Go get 'em!!!



(That's sparkeling cider by the way...no we haven't taken up drinking! LOL!!!)

8 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

CONGRATS. CONGRATS. CONGRATS! We are so excited for you guys!!! YEAH!!

Laura said...

That was quick! Congratulations! That's great news!!

Whitney said...

Congratulations! Such great news! Good luck with everything! (You know, Hannah, you could always take a little trip to utah :))

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, guys! Congratulations!! I'm SO happy for you and I think that you'll really like the Twin Falls area!!! Plus it's about an hour and a half closer to US!! Hooray!!! That's exciting that it happened even sooner than you were hoping --- plus being automatically promoted to Branch Manager by the end of summer!? That's so GREAT!

Levi and Amanda said...

Whoo-hooo! Congratulations!!

Bradbury Bunch said...

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh~ If I wasn't at work right now I would be yelling my heart out!!! THIS IS BIG AND SO EXCITING!!!! I'm so happy for you! I don't know how I skipped this post, but remember I"m pregnant! :)

I knew my Bro was the best, and am not surprised at all! I love you guys so much, and am sooooooo happy to hear all this! Oh, I'm calling you immediately when I get off work!! YIPPY!

I love the Birthday COngratulations dinner! What a fun surprise!! LOVE YOU ALL!! XOXO

megan said...

lookin sharp!
major congrats to all of you!

and that dinner looks amazing!

Patty said...

Congratulations! The dinner looked great! We will have to get together some time.