Easter 2009
--------------------------------------
On Saturday our Ward had a Primary Easter activity which was really nice because they focused on the Savior and what the true meaning of Easter is. We went to four mini classes that taught different things about Jesus like:
--------------------------------------
1.) How he was born
2.) How he lived and served others
3.) How he died, what happened to the Earth when He died
and His visit to the Nephites
4.) What happened to him after his death (his resurrection)
---------------------------------------
The kids got a small reminder to put in their Easter basket from each of these classes. In one they got a CD of primary songs about Jesus, a bag of homemade playdough to represent the clay that Jesus put in the blind man's eyes to heal him, an egg with a tiny baby Jesus inside representing his birth and another egg with a small message inside that read:
----------------------------------------
"Jesus died and was put in a tomb,
A caterpillar goes inside a cocoon,
Jesus was resurrected on the third day,
Just as a butterfly emerges to fly away!"
---
"A butterfly coming out of its cocoon can remind us that death is not the end.
Jesus made it possible for all of us to be resurrected one day!"
-----------------------------------------
The children made and colored a butterfly to go along with that quote.
-----------------------------------------
It was a really neat activity and I thought they did a good job keeping it simple, spiritual and exciting for the little children.
-----------------------------------------
Brady's Butterfly:

This is a cute poem:

-----------------------------------
If you can't read it, it says:
THE JELLYBEAN PRAYER:
"RED is for the blood He gave
GREEN is for the grass He made
Yellow is for the sun so bright
ORANGE is for the edge of night.
BLACK is for the sins that were made
WHITE is for the grace He gave
PURPLE is for the hour of sorrow
PINK is for the new tomorrow."
-----------------------------------
We had a really nice Easter with Chris' family in Burley. We decided to go down on Saturday evening and spend the night so we could go to church together. On Saturday afternoon Brady helped Grandpa plant the garden. They planted peas and onions, but I think it's more like "peas and carrots" because Brady followed Grandpa around all weekend!:
Olivia watched from the sidelines
Later that evening Daddy initiated Brady into his all-time favorite Easter tradition: dying Easter eggs! Since I don't like things that are messy (or that can stain) I let them have at it and of course I stripped Brady right down to his underwear!!! Hey, how cool is it to be a 4 year and hang out with your dad for an hour wearing nothing but Spiderman underwear?!
They did a great job and late that nigth Daddy and the aunties hid the eggs in the livingroom for Brady to find the next morning.
Look what the EASTER BUNNY brought!!!
He didn't even miss these two girls!!! Aunties - Shawnae and Chelsae
Our attempt at a nice Easter picture on a windy day...
Later we joined Grandma Jones at the Rehab facility she's staying at while recovering from knee surgery. We brought all of the fixings and had a nice afternoon visiting.
1 comment:
Awwwww....I love seeing all these pictures of my WONDERFUL FAMILY!!! I was hoping to see some bunny ears on the aunties however!:)
What a fun primary activity! I love the jelly bean prayer, what a great idea....if I ever work in the primary I'll have to remember that one!
Brady and Olivia are sooooooooo stinkin' cute! Can't get enough of seeing them all smiley and happy--oh how I"m so happy we have blogs!! Your family picture is Beautiful too---at least it's not blurry!! :)
You've been posting like crazy! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time with your MOm and Aunt Donna visiting. What special memories, and your MOm took adorable pictures of the kiddos! Olivia's smile melts my heart!
LOVE YOU!
Sorry for writing the WORLD'S LONGEST COMMENT HERE... I should've just called! I'll have to do that too! XOXO
Post a Comment