Here's to the last six years!!!
No "Love at FIRST sight!"
We met at BYU-Idaho in our sophmore year. My roommate and I had been friends the previous year and were eager to go to church and "check out" the guys in our Ward. We were a little dissapointed when we got there because we soon realized that there were only a handful of guys that were Returned Missionaries! We saw Chris and his roommate, Ryan walk in and Michelle (my roommate) and I both called "dibs" on Ryan! Michelle, said "No way!" That I should "Take the tall guy" (referring to Chris), but I said "He's way too tall!!!" So then we joked around a bit more and figured that we were just destined to go on missions...
Encounter #2: Later that evening...we got split up into Family Home Evening Groups within our Ward and believe it or not we got paired with Chris' apartment! (There were many apartments so this was a pretty lucky draw!) I talked to Chris that night breifly as we made plans as a group to go have a bonfire the following evening at the sand dunes...
Encounter #3: In the Smith Building on Monday afternoon...I saw Chris as we were walking through the hallway. I smiled and said hi as he walked by (figuring that he's remember me from talking with him the night before). He just looked at me and kept walking...I thought, "Jerk!" So I went home and proceeded to tell my roommate Michelle how I wasn't going to FHE that night because our guys were a bunch of jerks anyways! She tried to convince me to go but I decided to just go to the opening prayer at our neighbors house and then stay home and do homework...
Encounter #4: Opening prayer for FHE: (This is when Chris "claims" he first saw me and felt "Love at FIRST sight!" Hahahahaha...anyhow, we had prayer and as I was going to the door to go home Chris turned around and asked if I wanted to drive with them. I thought, "Well, okay, at least he can't be that much of a jerk if he's being so nice...well as they say...the rest is HISTORY!!! Chris and I talked the entire night and never left eachother's side. He roasted me marshmallows, I told him all about Maine and he asked me out for the following evening!
Our First date was dinner and a movie and he successfully held my hand and a kiss!!! After that we were together every day after school and whenever he wasn't working or we weren't studying! It was a whirlwind "romance" as we got engaged only after 5 weeks of dating!!! It seems so crazy and incredible now but at the time it felt like I'd known him forever and that everything just settled into place. We did have some tough, confusing emotions through it all but we survived a 6 1/2 month engagement and here we are now!!!
Our First (and last!) Dance- Homecoming 2002- after only 1 week of dating...

Being crazy one afternoon...I think maybe we were bored?! Chris put my clothes on and I put on his!!! He barely squeezed into mine and his were falling off of me!!! Those pants that Chris is wearing came all the way down to my ankles!!!
Then comes marriage...
May 2nd, 2003 Logan Temple

Rodizio's Chuhascarria
1st Anniversary

On our FIRST anniversary we went down to Logan for Chris' sister, Nickie's wedding (They got married 1 year and 1 week after we did!) and we had a wonderful time with them. Not only that but we also came back with the most memorable anniversary present that we opened 9 months later...our little Brady boy!!!
SECOND anniversary -trip to Montana to hike, eat out and of course visit family
THIRD anniversary- early trip to San Antonio and then during driving cross-country to Maine!!!
FOURTH anniversary- Philadelphia to visit Nick and Nickie and plenty of walks along the beach

FIFTH anniversary- expecting Baby #2, our sweet Olivia- we went to a new Brazlian chuhascarria and on a "cruise" to the Isle of Shoals with Chris company- really it was a nice boat ride into the bay with a dinner and we got to stay in a hotel for the weekend!
SIXTH anniversary- stayed home and relaxed!!!
What's happend during 6 years?
- We both graduated with our Bachelor's from BYU-Idaho
- We've held a total of 13 jobs between the two of us
- Moved 10 times, but lived in 4 cities!!!
- 2 cross-country moves (with kids!)
- owned 4 cars
- had 2 kids
- gained AND LOST ...and gained a lot of weight!
- been to 19 states
- held 10 callings between the two of us
- had lots of UPS, DOWNS and ALL AROUNDS and come through it all stronger, happier and still holding hands!!!
Love you Babe!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

9 comments:
Congratulations you two! Way to go and make lots of memories along the way.
LOVE your LOVE post. :) Congrats on 6 years! What wonderful memories you have made and a beautiful life you have together!
Happy Anniversary!
So sweet! We absolutely LOVED visiting with you guys this last weekend! So many wonderful memories of the past more than six years with you guys. So happy that you both are a part of our lives! We love you! Congratulations!
Awww! How sweet. It was fun to "hear" your story and see where the last six years have taken you!
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!
Jenny
This was too much fun to read!! You guys are so cute, and I'm so happy Chris found you Hannah, we love you for keeps! Nick and I will have to remember that idea about switching clothes when we're bored...I'm just afraid that mine will look better on him than me!! LOL! XOXO
Happy Anniversary! I still remember when you got engaged :) Has it really been that long??
Hey Hannah- I found your blog through Rachel's... you can find mine the same way. Hope you don't mind me looking, but I've made more friends through blogging than anything else.
Happy Anniversary, btw. :0)
It's been a long time. I never knew that you got married one day before Dallon and I. We were married on May 3, 2003. I'm glad to see that you guys are still going strong.
Post a Comment