Monday, October 26, 2009

Updates on our house!!!

This is for all of my friends out there who have been quietly hinting and patiently waiting =)

There has been a TON of progress at our house over the last month so I'm finally updating the pictures! Since I last took these the exterior has begun to be painted, the lighting is all installed sprinkler system is in, driveway, sidewalk, walkways and back patio has been poured and sod will begin to go in on Thursday...

This is how the house looked as of this morning before they started painting the exterior. The siding that is on the house is masonite. I can't wait to see it painted!



The garage door will also be painted and have windows along the top panel.




These are pictures when sheetrock went up:







Then the walls were textured:








Now the walls are all painted, trim is up, laminate wood flooring is in, built-in bookcase by the fireplace is in, cabinets are installed (my FAVORITE part!!!!), tile floor is in, and countertops!


This is part of the entry way (right now everything is so dusty it's hard to appreciate my beautiful new floors!)


When the mantle is done it will have more white trim in the inside around the fireplace. We were originally going to do stone but we ended up not having enough wall space with the angled fireplace to fit the stone proportionately. The niche above the fireplace is where we'll hang a flat panel tv and then all of the components for the tv will go in the bottom cupboard of the built-in and we'll have open shelving up top.


The Kitchen: I - LOVE- IT!!!!








This is our bedroom. The rest of the house is a light tan and the office is a darker tan so I wanted something different for our bedroom. I love the sage/olive green and how it accents the tray ceiling!



This is the master bath floor- I had both bathrooms laid like subway tile and I love how it looks!




The kid's bathroom:




The office:


All of our closets have built-in shelving which we custom designed and I LOVE!!! This is the kid's bedroom and they have "twin" shelving:







6 comments:

Charlotte said...

LOVE your cabinets and the tile floors! I keep walking by almost every day, but I'm too chicken to go in when there are workers there! 3 mores weeks!

megan said...

LOVE your house!!! love the updates!! i'm so far behind in blogland...but wanted you to know i'm soooo happy for you and all the fun things happening in your life right now!

Rachel Chick said...

Hooray!!! It looks so wonderful Hannah! I'm so happy for all of you. What is your move-in date? Congratulations, over and over again! I'm so looking forward to seeing it in person.

Giselle said...

Your house is looking so nice! I'm so excited for it to be done. Have at your party tonight!

Giselle said...

I meant have fun at your party tonight!

Audrey said...

Hannah, your house is so gorgeous! I can't wait to see it when it's all done. Congratulations, I am so happy for you guys!