Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Room #1 COMPLETE!!!!

I decided to show our livingroom/great room first because this is obviously where we spend most of our time. I am really happy with the way this room came together. I feel like it's cozy and warm yet spacious and open at the same time! The vaulted ceilings give it such a feeling of airiness and all of the colors make it very welcoming!

This is what you see when you first walk in through the front door:


As you turn to the right we have a large coat closet (which I LOVE...never too much storage space!) I decorated it with Christmas ribbon and some of my favorite cards. I'll put all of the cards and pictures that we get in the mail on here too!


Next to the coat closet is the built-in bookshelf/cabinet where we house all of the components for the tv. I think this will be where I put most of my seasonal decorations:

Top shelf: I found this adorable nativity scene at the DI the other day for $1.00!!!
Middle shelf: All of our Christmas books (we get one every year from GG and Papa Morgan, my grandparents!) Also, a wreath that Brady and I made last Christmas out of his handprints! A small Willow Tree nativity scene that Chris gave me for Christmas a few years ago and a sign that I bought at the Dollar Store and painted red.
Bottom shelf: My FAVORITE nativity scene by Willow Tree!!!
Continuing on the right side of the entry way is also the fireplace and Chris' new baby (his Samsung flatscreen plasma tv...story about that later!) As for me, I like the fireplace...I guess that would be my baby! Compromises, compromises =)
(I made this cute "countdown to Christmas" with some of my friends at a craft night)
This is the entry way and great room looking in from the dining area:
My cute little white bench fit perfectly right in the entry way which meant a lot to me because I really wanted to use it in our house since it was my Grammie Hayford's and I've had it in my room ever since I was a teenager.
To the left of the entry way I have some bookcases that I'm still undecided about. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to paint them black. Above them I have made this arrangement of photos (inspiration from my fabulous sis-in-law Nickie and with help from one of my other wonderful sis-in-laws, Chelsae...she's great at holding a level!)
The red lamps were a birthday gift from my mom a few years ago.

A close-up of the decorations on the plant shelf:
The livingroom looking into the diningroom:
And other close-ups:


One room down!!!

7 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Good job, Hannah! It's absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person. :) Are you guys planning on being around through the holidays? We're thinking of heading over to Nels' parents house Christmas Day or the day after.

Rachel Holloway said...

GREAT WORK! You have such a knack for decorating!! BEAUTIFUL JOB!

Anonymous said...

holy hannah! jk, it looks awesome! stop making me so jealous!!;) I am very happy for you. and LOVE that block count down.. can you give some simple instructions to make it.. I wish i could just come over and make it but nay!

Bradbury Bunch said...

FINALLY MADE IT TO THE COMPUTER!!!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

OKAY I LOVE EVERYTHING GIRL!! You have such amazing talent my friend! I love that shelf that you have with the clock and candles--how pretty! Seriously! Everything is beautiful Hannah!! Even the plasma tv! :) LOL

And that picture wall looks great--I just saw a picture that I've never seen before! The close up of my families faces on the middle right. Where did you get that?!? SO cute.

Congratas with the new house...now encore my sista, encore! encore! I'm trying not to sound to greedy/pushy, but I'm already tickled pink to see what room is next!! Hopefully I make it to the computer faster next time you post it!!

LOVE IT! LOVE YOU!! XOXO

Bradbury Bunch said...

P-S Did Santa Clause already come to your house?!? SHEESH!! We have no presents at the moment under our tree.. I better get busy!!

P-P-S I just ran through the pictures again...and now I"m going to do it one more time before leaving your wonderful blog....

Unknown said...

Hannah, I love your house! Thanks for giving us the tour! Your living room is really beautiful and I'm jealous of all the storage space and shelves you have in there. I really love Brady's handprint wreath and if I can get Emma to sit still long enough, I might try it!

megan said...

I loveee all the hidden nooks!!!
and those doors?!? LOVE
you've done fabulous decorating!!!