Friday, December 11, 2009

Room #3 Complete....Master Bedroom!!!!

My bedroom is like a tranquil getaway! Every night when I go to bed I can't believe that this is actually MY room (well, OUR room!) It feels so cozy and wonderful!



Because I am a bargain shopper, all of our furniture has come from yard sales, craigslist, second hand stores etc. (except for our bed, which we got a KILLER deal on from my cousin who sell them!) Anyhow, because of this need to find inexpensive furniture, I've collected various colors. I am happy with how all of the colors came together in our room. I think what was the final touch and brought everything together was my new curtains though...which I made!!! I LOVE THEM! One drape flanks each side of the bed...



On the left side of the bed (Chris' side) are some framed photos from our wedding and a wedding gift that I drew for him of our hands with a poem:



This is what you see when you walk into our room:



The wall on my side of the bed is still blank (there is a picture that I am seriously coveting at Target right now but it's $100), so I think I may try to do a painting or some of my photography on a large scale to go there....

3 comments:

lynsey said...

looks so cute hannah! you've done a great job....oh, and did you know that you can have your photos printed onto canvas? i think costco does it and it looks SO good. you seriously should take a couple of your pictures and print them out that way, i bet it would look amazing!

congratulations on the house!

Anonymous said...

it is beautiful!!

Bradbury Bunch said...

LOVE THE COLORS! And GREAT JOB ON THE CURTAINS!!! OH I can't wait to see it all in person!!!