I LOVE the beach...and aside from family and friends that is what I miss most from Maine, hands down! I am so glad that I was blessed to grow up by the sea, there is nothing else like it and all the sites, smells and sounds of it evoke some of my fondest memories!
One of our favorite spots consisting of Ocean Park, Kinney Shores and Bayview beaches. This is the absolute perfect spot because it is where three beaches come together. At low tide (as pictured) there is a shallow river that is warmer and it is so fun to wade in. Olivia LOVED stomping in the water and looking for shells. We had our arms and buckets FULL!!! There is also a deeper river with a current at Ocean Park that is so fun to float on and jump into.
The water wasn't that cold actually but it wasn't an extremely warm day. While the rest of us relaxed, looked for shells and played in the sand my mom ventured in on her boogie board! She is ocean girl #1 in our family! I don't even know what we would have done every day in the summer as kids if we hadn't gone to the beach all of the time!
My brother Andrew loves to play and he made an amazing pirate ship with Brady! First they started off with a lagoon which Olivia played in for hours!
Then they gathered some "materials"...a large log for a mast...
Then they secured it into place
Olivia had a great time dancing in the sand!
And then her clothes came off!
I let her play naked for the rest of the afternoon and I don't think she's ever had more fun!
(someday she'll hate me for posting these pictures!)
Meanwhile, adventure on the pirate ship had begun!!!
That is one scary pirate!!!
He even went around scaring all of the local townfolk!
His first mate was pretty cute, but he was a rough-tough pirate too!
I think Brady has the best uncle ever!
Then they came upon the naked mermaid!...
...Who used her magic powers to transform the pirates into civil human beings again!
Dad enjoying the day
Bye-bye for now beautiful beach...we hope it's not another two years before we can come back!
2 comments:
That's awesome, Hannah! i love all your pictures. I'm so glad you were able to go visit your family. Your children are adorable. I love your little naked mermaid. So cute!
I love that pirate ship. How fun! And what a good uncle...
Post a Comment