After lunch we drove across the bridge into Auburn to meet up with a couple of my good friends and their kids for a fun playdate at a park. Since we've moved from Maine both Jan and Laura have had babies so it was fun to meet Ella and Reece! Brady and Theron had fun reaquainting as well!
I think Auburn is an under-appreciated town because it has been kind of the "ghetto" of Maine. It has so much beautiful architecture though and the city has been working hard to re-establish charm and revitalize the downtown. This is the City Hall and I think it is such a gorgeous building.
This is looking out across the Androscoggin River from the train trussel pathway we were walking along
Two funny boys on an adventure!
Laura and Reece!
Jan and Ella
Ice Cream!!!
Afterwards we had the brilliant idea of taking the kids out for ice cream (it was a scorching hot day!)
This was the first ice cream of the summer...and maybe the last! (I ordered a "kiddie" cone for Olivia and it was HUGE! She was completely covered in ice cream....and since it was so hot Brady's ice cream had dripped all over him as well! Needless to say, I stripped both kiddos down to their "underwear," wipe them with baby wipes and drove them home practically naked!)
Olivia gives kisses and says bye to her new friend, Ella (while Ella tries to escape!)
No comments:
Post a Comment