Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Labor Day Weekend: Clear Springs Trout Farm, Buhl, ID

Because we'd been so busy for the whole month of August we decided to just lay low and do something simple as a family for Labor Day.  We'd been wanting to take the kids to the Clear Spring Trout Hatchery to see the underwater viewing area and thought that would be the perfect low-key activity for the day.


The grounds were beautiful with clear ponds,
picnic tables and lots of trees!




Down into the tunnel!



It was really fun for all of us to see the huge trout swimming at eye level with us!  The pond was being treated for algae so it was pretty murky but still a very neat thing to experience.





On the way back home we stopped at the bridge so I could get these pictures (I couldn't capture the beautiful purple of the flowers). The way this river meandered into the larger Snake River was just so gorgeous-
I wish that I could have done it better justice!





A perfect afternoon roaming the countryside of Idaho as a family!


No comments: