Sunday, November 7, 2010

Trunk-or-treat...Scared Shrekless!!!

Part III...Introducing the whole SHREK GANG!!!

Puss in Boots, Gingy, Fiona and SHREK himself!!!!



I was very proud of how all of our costumes came out this year!!!  We've been planning on being characters for Shrek since last fall when I got the fiona wig on clearance after Halloween for only $3.00!!!  It took some convincing for Brady at first- I had originally wanted him to be donkey and he didn't want anything to do with that!  He said, "Mom!  I am NOT going to be donkey!  He never stops talking and is annoying!!!"  I was thinking, (well, if the shoe fits!!!)  Seriously though, I am glad that he protested because Puss in Boots came out SO MUCH cuter and it was the perfect costume for him!!!

Olivia wanted to be "gingy bead" (aka "Gingy" the gingerbread man) right from the beginning.  Then she would start telling me SHE wanted to be donkey!  I couldn't figure out how to make the hood so last minute i nixed it and I thought her costume came out very cute!

Chris, was of course, the PERFECT Shrek, whether he likes to believe/admit it or not!  We didn't paint his face because we couldn't find the right shade of green...but he still looked very ogre-ish and all the kids at church the next day kept pointing and saying, "Hey Shrek!"

I was Fiona (or "Fioba," as Livy called me)  and I thought I was pretty darn cute!!!


Breakdown of all outfits:

Shrek:  ears (borrowed from friend), sweater bought at D.I. and cut short, sewed on shoe-lace that I had lying around, pants, white shirt and shoes found in closet!!!  Total cost = $2.00!!!!

Fiona:  ears/crown and wig all on clearance, dress free (mother-in-laws formal from "back in the day!!!")  Total cost = $3.00

Puss in Boots: hat at Kmart $7, boots at D.I. $5, cape- made with fabric remnant at Joann's $0.60 and some binding $1.99, cat suit made with fleece blanket from D.I. $2 and scrap felt I already had, make-up $1, sword $1.99, belt- one of Chris' old ones that we cut to fit Brady.  Total cost = $19.58 (This was more than I anticipated- the most expensive pieces being the hat and boots; however we can reuse these for numerous other costumes in the future and this costume was WAY cuter than any Puss in Boots costumes I could find on the internet for $35+!)

Gingy:  brown fleece at Joann's $5, rickrack $1, buttons already had, brown boots in closet.  Total cost = $6.00

TOTAL for ALL 4 COSTUMES = $30.58!!!  (I think that is pretty good!!!)



3 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

I can't believe you got that wig for $3!!! The costumes are AWESOME!!! Oh how I love this time of year!!! We already can't wait for Halloweeen 2011!!!! Great posts sis!

And I love how Chris played Shrek to the MAX---even shaving off his hair!! I'm kind of diggin' the look actually....

Brady and Livy are as cute as always!!! XOXOXO

Camille said...

wow- that price IS impressive! you all look so great!!

sunshine said...

Trick of Treat!! Who is that awesome family?? You all look Great! Hannah you do a great job on making the costumes!!!!!! Keep on blogging, We love the things you say and show!!! Love Grammie Graf