Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reception. Celebrating the union of Andrew and Alison.

Andrew and Alison did their reception a little differently buyy having it the night before their wedding.  It ended up being such a great idea because they got to enjoy their wedding day more and leave with eachother after being married!!!  It was such a beautiful reception, put on by Alison's mom, all of her sisters, and my mom (I helped a little too!!!)  There will be many more pictures to come, and I apologize for the quality of these pictures, but this is the best I could do with my camera and the low lighting.

 
Alison was stunning in her dress and my brother was more handsome than ever! 
These are her parents, Jim and Miriam Conners.


The reception had an array of desserts, veggies, fruit, cheese and crackers. 
The kids loved feeling "grown-up" in their suit and dress, eating at the big tables!


The head table with Andrew and Alison, flanked by parents on the sides.  The backdrop was all live evergreens with white lights and hanging snowflakes and snowballs.  It really transformed the entire room.



The future bride and groom each stood and said thank yous and then Alison's brother, Spencer and a friend, Cody sang while Bryce played guitar for the couple.  This kicked off the dancing for the evening.

First Dance


Mother and Son
They danced after Alison danced with her dad.


Then they opened up the dancing for everyone and I actually got out on the dance floor with my little bro.  It had been more than eight years since I last danced, but I couldn't let the opportunity go by!



Daddy Daughter Dancing


...and Grandpa/Granddaughter Dancing!



Bryce and Shelby sat on the sidelines...until he got her out on the dance floor long enough for a slow song! 

 
And while some of us may be shy when it comes to strutting our stuff on the dance floor...

....others of us feel comfortable and love the attention! 

Yes that fellow is my husband, having a great old time, and I danced with him too! 
It was really fun!

 


 Everyone loved the dancing and had a great time. 
It was a fun night for everyone, even those of us who did more watching than dancing!


This is Elle and Jim, our neighbors from when we lived in Saco. 
It was so nice to see them again and fun to watch them having such a good time.


Uncle Dana and Aunt Paula were able to be there, as well as Aunt Teresa, Grammie and Grandpa Morgan, Aunt Kathy, cousins Crystal and Luke and second cousins Logan and Ethan.   

Uncle Dana is the oldest of my dad's siblings and Teresa is the youngest.



Dad and Aunt Teresa swing dancing and having a blast, just like they used to do when they were teenagers!


I had to get a dance in with my brother Bryce! 
I think the last time we danced together was at his first youth dance when he was 14!!!

Olivia and Brady were so adorable!  They kicked off their shoes (and Brady took of his suit coat, tie and button-down shirt) and they got right out on the dance floor too!  Brady danced the whole night away, right up until the end of the reception at 11:00 p.m.!!!!



1 comment:

sunshine said...

The Bride & Groom are awesome!!! Beautiful reception and I could have just jumped right in and danced too! Everyone looks wonderful and of course coming from Grammie Graf Brady & Olivia were the cutest.

Happiness Always
Grammie Graf
PS Dance On