Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Age of Innocence.

I will be the first to admit that I often forget that Brady is still just a boy.  Six years old.  I expect too much from him.  I think this is common with firstborns.  I was one myself.  And so was Chris.  I walked into Brady's bedroom one night last week to check on him before bed and found him asleep with all of his favorite stuffed animals tucked in safe and sound all around him.  I was overcome with love for my sweet little "big" boy.  He is so sensitive and loving.  He wants to do the right thing.  He is a good big brother to Livy and to Zach.  He is patient with me and Chris and although he has things he is working on, we do to as parents.  Seeing how innocent he was here sleeping soundly made me remember to see him differently and to try not to have expectations that are unrealistic.

I am so blessed to have this little boy in my life.

1 comment:

Bradbury Bunch said...

This post brings tears to my eyes! :) How true it is! I'm the same way with Lexi--I have higher expectations than I should. This is so sweet and I bet Brady had the best dreams that night!

It was SO FUN for both Nick and I to catch up on your blog tonight while sipping hot chocolate. Zach is such a handsome baby and we already can't get enough of him! I'm SO thankful you blog!!! :)

All the posts made us smile! You Grafs are one AWESOME family!!! And we're proud to be related to you! :) XOXOXOXO to you all!!!