Wednesday, February 15, 2012

All or Nothing.

So, I am a pretty lucky girl.  I have some truly great friends.  Really, I don't think that I could ask for better.  One of these friends, Rachel and I were talking last week about life changes and goals I've been working on.  I expressed to her how challenging it is to make some of these changes and she reminded me that it doesn't have to be "ALL or NOTHING!"  I am a bit of a perfectionist (no secret for those of you who know me well!!!)  So often times I do take on the attitude of all or nothing.  This was such a good reminder to me that as long as I'm doing my best and making an effort, that is sufficient.  I don't have to be perfect, and just because I'm not, doesn't mean I have to call it quits and just do nothing! 

One of my feelings of frustration is that I never have the time to accomplish everything I want to. 

Today in my reading I in "Daughters in My Kingdom," I was reminded about the most important things to accomplish...an excerpt from Eliza R. Snow:

"God bless you my sisters, and encourage you, that you may be filled with light...Let your first business be to perform your duties at home.  But, inasmuch as you are wise stewards, you will find time for social duties, because these are incumbent upon us as duaghters and mothers in Zion.  By seeking to perform every duty you will find that your capacity will increase, and you will be astonished at what you can accomplish."

I have found this to be true!  If I focus on my family and our home first then all other things fall into place, especially if I am constant in reading my scriptures and praying to the Father for his guidance and assistance!

Sometimes I get down that I am not able to make all of the things I want to (craftiness is an outlet/hobby).  I was reading my friend Katies' blog the other day and she was expressing this same feeling.  She then turned it around by proclaiming that she realizes that her home around her hasn't changed much during the past several months from projects she's been doing to beautify, BUT she has another project that has occupied her time and has made more of a difference in their home than any decorating or organizing she could have done!  You see, she had a sweet little baby girl several months ago!  This really changed my perspective.  No matter what I am able or not able to accomplish from my list of To Do's I have three constant reminders of what really matters.  My true accomplishments are my dear children who I have MADE with my husband and my Father in Heaven!

So here are my TRUE ACCOMPLISHMENTS:

4 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Hey Sis!!! I'm on lunch break right now catching up on your blog! I'll have to comment more later when I have more time. But just know I love you and think YOU ARE AMAZING!!! Kisss those adorable kiddos for me please!!! XOXOXO

Giselle said...

I love this post! so true! I'm sad you don't live in Twin Falls anymore. Sounds like you guys are doing well though.

Unknown said...

I love it! SO true!

Shannon said...

This is so me, too. Thanks for your honestly about 'all or nothing'. By the way, you are an amazing party planner for your kiddos birthdays. Wow! I'm gonna have you look you up for ideas for Izzy's 3rd birthday party later this year :)