Sunday, February 19, 2012

Will You Be My Valentine?

We decided to STAY IN this year, so the kids and I made a special dinner for daddy!  Olivia dessed up (already in her ballet clothes) and Brady as a French waiter!!  The kids got to use the nice plates and glass cups too, we had candlight and nice music in the background.



Daddy snuck in while we were gone during the day and left this beautiful bouquet of roses and some hearts he'd cut out!!!

The kids woke up to being "heart-attacked" this year!  We didn't get any candy, and no one said anything about it!  Although, Brady did get quite a bit of candy from Valentine's at school.
I heart attacked Brady's bedroom floor and the stairs for him so it would be the first thing he saw when he woke up!  On a few of the hearts I wrote out little gifts they could each get, such as:  A new toy at the dollarstore, pick out a new book, a night out at their favorite restaurant and request their favorite dinner.  They can cash these in over the course of the next month.  We usually go out a couple of times a month, so I figured we'd let the kids pick and the books we'll probably pick out at D.I....so a creative, fun way to give them gifts, allow them to make their own choices and avoid candy and expensive presents!  We might make this a tradition!!!

Brady and Liv also helped me cut out a ton of hearts to heart attack our bedroom for Daddy!!!  I asked Brady to spread them over the bed and he asked:

Brady:  "Why would I spread them all over the bed?"
Mommy:  "Because it is romantic?  Do you know what that means???"  
Brady: "Oh, yeah, like to make your bed all nice and stuff before you go to bed!!!"
Mommy: "Exactly!!!"

I thought that was a cute little exchange with such sweet innocence! 

No comments: