Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Photography- "Maine, the Way Life Should Be!"

For a long time I've been wanting to get back into photography, mainly for my own pleasure. I love capturing beautiful things so that I'll be able to look at them forever! I took several photography classes in highschool and college and have really missed it ever since. I always wanted to do something with it someday. What do you think, are they Calendar material?!
Here are a few recent photos that I've taken of our "travels"
Camden Harbor, ME





Maine Lobster buoys (you'll see buoy "collections" like this all over the coast of Maine). Lobstermen use buoys to mark their traps and buoys are a very "Maine symbol" This display here was obvioulsy supposed to be patriotic (if you look close near the bottom right you will spy the Statue of Liberty!" I'd like to think that they are "Calendar Material!"



This is a view of Ram Island Light off the coast from the portland Headlight. The ligthing was perfect at this time of night for pictures (about 7 p.m. in mid-august)




A sailboat in Casco Bay Harbor, looking out from Portland Headlight. I love the way the light is hitting the sails and also how the lighthouse casts a shadow on the rocks.

Classic New England Charm: red gernaiums in a window box

6 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

I love your photographs! They really are beautiful! You do a great job! Maine is obviously a beautiful place...a different world from here. Definately a different kind of beauty.

Natalie said...

Hello you MISS TALENTED!! Is there anything you cannot do? Those pictures make me miss Maine and I want to come visit you all. Please say that you're coming to Idaho for the Holidays?????
Your little niece is a doll and Nikki looks great for just having a baby.
Miss ya!! Nat
ps.... I kissed Lily's cheeks just for you.

Whitney said...

Great pics, Hannah! You're definitely talented! Brady is HUGE!! He's so cute! And your little niece is adorable. I'm so glad you had a good time on your trip!

megan said...

you really are good at photography! That is a skill I'd like to perfect. Do you havea really nice camera?

Btw...I answered your question on my blog :-) And now I have question for you...in your house pics you have some red baskets on your bookshelf...where did you get them? I have been looking for some for caden's room that look like that...just in different colors but haven't had much luck.

Rachel Holloway said...

VERY nice pics! I love photogrpahy too--why didn't we discover this when we lived close to each other and could have gone out and taken pics all day together?!?!?!

Rachel Chick said...

Hannah, we haven't heard from you in quite a while! :) We need some new posts! Oh, by the way, I tried to call you the other day, but after I got all geared up to chat for a good long while, I realized that I don't have your phone number! I was so disappointed! Will you email it to me? Or you can call me! I'd really love to hear from you! Talk to you soon!
Rachel