Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chris and I just found out that our dear prophet President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away this afternoon. I was totally shocked when he called me over to the computer to read the headline. It wasn't what I was expecting at all...I am so grateful for this man and how he has led the church. He has been the prophet for the better part of my life and has been such a tremendous example and leader. His was a way that was so unique- gifted with humor and wit. I will always love the meetings that I was able to attend in his presence while I was living out West. He truly is a man of God and is now with God and his eternal companion. He deserves this rest from the world and his responsibilities!

It is truly amazing to me what miracles can be performed when one is in accordance with the will of the Lord. President Hinckley was 97 years old and probably had more energy than I do sometimes! I am in awe for his work, his ethics and his ever-burning desire to serve the Lord. I know that as a church we have lost a great leader, but I look forward to the rise of the next Prophet and pray that the Lord will be with Him during this time of adjustment.

Wow. So many emotions....I am happy and sad! I'm grateful for my testimony, that it is strong and unshakeable! I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true and that God will raise a Prophet who will continue to lead and guide us. I'm so grateful for this knowledge and the ability to have faith and hope in the future; sometimes it truly is a miracle when such dark shadows surround.

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Wow Hannah! You said what I feel perfectly! I'm so thankful to know you and know the deep testimony that you have! I love you so much! Thanks for your little tribute! I couldn't agree more!