Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wolfe's Neck Woods, Maine

This has been the first real nice weekend we've had that Chris hasn't had to work or we had other obligations so we went to a nearby State Park and had a little picnic. I was unprepared and forgot to check the tide chart though so when we got there we found out that it was high tide and we wouldn't be able to have our picnic on the beach and look for shells!

We found a staricase leading down to the rocks/water though and plunked down there with our little cooler and had a lovely picnis by the crashing waves! First real picnic of the season! We were also able to walk almost a mile through the trails in the woods and Brady had a great time crossing the bridges (he always says "Trip Trap, Trip Trap, Over the bridge!!!"


Chris has made a "real fine 'Yankee' (New Englander) transplant"-
can you tell he's a Red Sox fan?




After our pinic and tryst in the woods we went up into the village to L.L. Bean where Chris is still employed as an "Ocassional Worker" basically meaning he works about once a month and we still get the glorious discount! We went to the Bike, Boat & Ski shop to check out the kayaks that we'd like to buy (depending upon where we move) and had a great time "dreaming" anyway! Brady loved climbing in the different floor models and can't wait to get one too!

The Kayak Chris chose (for the future) includes a removable child seat for Brady and the one that I would most likely get would be big enough to have a small child in as well. We also found infant PDFs (lifejackets) for 8-30 lbs! Wow! I didn't know there were that many people crazy enough to bring their babies kayaking!

I see many fun times paddling in lakes and rivers ahead! Hold on Brady and Olivia!

We rounded out the afternoon with some free popcorn from the street vendor and a trip to the grocery store. When we got home Chris helped my dad build a new wall for the deck off of our apartment and I helped my mom clear out some of the winter debris and cut back the flowers in the garden! What a GREAT afternoon! Then we had our first BBQ of the year and I made a meal "Fit for a King!"


Grilled lemon pepper salmon, Caesar salad, corn on the cob and roasted red potatoes: Yeah, sometimes, I just think: "Dang, I'm a good wife!" (Hahahahaha)

And to top it off we tired Brady out so much that he fell right asleep!

They are the cutest when they're fast asleep!!!!!

4 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

I wish we lived close enough to go on little "trysts" with you! What a lovely day you all had --- and a fabulous dinner!!! WOW - you are a good wife!!!

Natalie said...

Sound like a great day. I am very jelous that you were in Freeport....oh I love it there. Quinn and I had the best time when we were on our Honeymoon and Freeport was a one of our stops. And Chris, looking good in the Red Sox stuff, you make Quinn very proud!! He is obsessed with the updates on the games lately.
Hugs~ Nat

Bradbury Bunch said...

YOU ARE A GOOD WIFE AND A GOOD MOMMY AND A GOOD SISTER!!! :) I'm so glad you married into our fam to share your talents with us!! That salmon looks delicious, and I say we have another BBQ in August!? eh?!?

I'm also so happy to see sunshine up there--along with some greenery! I know you've been longing for it, and I love the pictures of my bro and Brady and you!! LOVE YOU ALL!!

megan said...

you have been very adventurous and outdoorsy...it's gorgeous!!! makes me want to go camping....and then I remember I'm pregnant...so nevermind. But seriously, looks like a fun day trip!